1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters: Apple TV

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Brice, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I just don't think Masters of Air is going to be able to pull me into these guys lives as much as Band of Brothers did.

I think it is from the same people that did Band of Brother, so why didn't we start out with them from the beginning in Basic? Maybe Flashbacks will be coming? Can you imagine Band of Brothers without Captain Sobel's storyline?

2. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Agreed, my wife and I just watched BoB this past week, she had never seen it, me a hundred times. She was very moved by it. Agreed Masters of Air so far hasn't grabbed me yet. Just watched the third episode today. The actors to me are not as good as the actors in BoB or the Pacific. They also seem to be making the gunners a lot more effective than I think they were. Todays episode they shot down like 4 or 5 fighters which I don't think was very accurate. Embellishment for the story but the CGI is very good and believable . I feel like I owe to these men to watch this just like BoB. I will be in awe of all these men until I die. I remember as a kid eating at a breakfast restaurant near my Dads shop he worked in and a man shaking sitting at the counter stool and asking my Dad what was wrong. My Dad told me he was a WW2 vet that still got the shakes. I thought of that man every time I see the Foy episode where they were shelled in the Hurtgen forest.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I couldn't get into liking Pacific as much as BOB. I watched both, and I don't know why, but Pacific just didn't engage me the same.:shrug:

4. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Agree the first time I felt that way but then realized the Pacific was so much more brutal in real life that units took so many more casualties and marines were replaced at much higher frequency. So they tried to simulate that thus sledge coming in and his buddy rotated home, etc. Plus much broader and the source material was two separate books. After watching over a few other times I liked it more, but to your point my wife said the same thing as she started watching it for the first time after finishing BoB for the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This could be why.

6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    LOL... Did you catch the Day / Month / Year in episode 4?

7. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Episode 4 of Masters, just came out today and we haven't watched it. What am I missing?

8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    For all you history people, was that Memphis Belle making her final landing? In the movie she seemed to be a lot more beat-up and I definitely don't remember the fireworks. It is funny in this series nobody has named their planes, or put "Logos" on them.

In the 1st episode, I had a lot of flashbacks to the Memphis Belle movie. Especially with the friendly fire. Which I think would be a constant problem of shooting your own planes.

EDIT: Funny, I just rewatched Memphis Belle, and it is hard to believe that movie is over 30 years old.

Is this a Hollywood fantasy thing? Because this looks like a real historic picture.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Freaking weird... Episode 5, and now all the planes have names and images?

I don't know why these were not CGI'd in from the beginning.