1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.

Modify the home page?

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by MeanJoeBlue, Aug 26, 2015.

1. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I'm wondering if your life would be easier if there were some modifications to the home page.

If someone knew this was a fan site, then the indications are there.
    "Born out of necessity, our site is dedicated to Steelers news and discussion. For Fans, by fans."

But if someone didn't know that, I can see the confusion. That disclaimer is all the way at the bottom of the page. And this site looks far more professional than the official site forums ever did. :cool:

I'd make 2 suggestions.
    • There is a lot of empty space next to the logo at the top. Include "by fans, for fans" next to it, and maybe some text to make it clear that this is a fan-created site, when the official forums shut down.
    • Include somewhere the contact info for the official web site, saying that is how to contact the Steeler's official area.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, @MeanJoeBlue@MeanJoeBlue. The home page is still a work in progress, and I hope to improve upon it this week. It's had several iterations over the course of its life and I've always received those emails. I had for fans by fans in the logo for a couple years. I hadn't thought of adding a message on the contact form. That's a great idea.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You can tell that it's a slow news and sports day with this comment/observation - I noticed way back at the very beginning (when you designed the current look and appearance of this site) that you show an aerial of Three Rivers instead of Heinz Field - I always took this as an homage to the 70's dynasty rather than a dis of the current Steelers' home field - however, just today I really noticed for the first time that the field is set up in the baseball configuration rather than as the Steelers' playing field - any hidden meaning for either decision? (I was going to suggest a screen shot from Black Sunday but that was filmed at the Orange Bowl in Miami). :shrug:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

In addition to being a Steelers fan, I'm also a huge Pirates fan, so I noticed that when I registered here. It's a mystery to me, as well.

Inquiring minds want to know! :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin

Oct 12, 2011
    Yessir. Nice, vintage aerial shots of TRS are hard to come by, and almost none of them could be made to work in the header.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank you Sir - good to know - and being as at minimum, Ms Steel and myself are also avid Pirate fans - not a problem showing off the proud home of 6 combined World Champs! We are so spoiled today knowing that with about 2 clicks of the keyboard (or one voice command) we can get a close up aerial if not street view of virtually any place on the planet (I spent a whole afternoon recently checking out the layouts of tiny little fishing villages in Iceland!)

• Like Like x 1