1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mock Draft contest?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelByDesign, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Just wondering if anyone plans to do any sort of mock contest? Might be fun. I could run one if nobody else is...

Everyone could have a their post and just edit it, as you like, leading up to the draft... Winner gets bragging rights.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Sounds good to me. Gets me thinking about the Steeler Message Board Draft, which we should start thinking about. I guess that doesn't start until after to combine?

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Count me in. And I won't even fight to get the steelers. Just don't stick me with the Raiders, because I would actually like to play

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Actually you'll be hearing an announcement about the MB Mock we always do very soon actually. I plan on doing sign ups early so that people can look into their teams...and watch guys during the combine/etc. Keep your eyes out for the sign up thread (probably in the main Steelers forum...then once we start/etc everything will be in this forum).

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Sounds good. That's why I was asking to see if anyone was already planning it. I may go ahead and do one just predicting the entire Steelers draft.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Sure if you wanna do a Steelers only draft contest thing, have at it...I think in the past I've seen people do it on the ol' MB so why not! :good:

7. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Thinking of doing the voting thing again for the Steelers? My thoughts are that it went well last year, and this year should go even smoother with a polling feature.

Also, another thought of mine is to have the sign-ups here in the draft forum to start, to give the more dedicated draftniks a first go-round (we always come here *cough*NINERS*cough*). Whenever it is you open it up in the main forum, that will increase the likelihood of getting no-shows and people that are half serious.

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Yes we will be doing the voting system for the Steelers again. And that does make sense about making sure the "usuals/hardcore" guys get in first by posting in here...I'll definitely consider it. Maybe start it here and THEN after a bit post in the main forum. Makes sense! I am hoping that for the first time we can have 31 different people running teams.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think that's a pretty smart idea. When the time comes gp, start it in here, then after x amount of days we'll move it out there. Once sign ups are all set, we can move it back in here. Afterwords, we'll sticky it like we discussed a few weeks back.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Then its official! I'll probably be posting it within the next couple days probably! Get ready!!!

11. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweet. Looking forward to it. :cool:

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Me too! Its always a fun time on the MB when we've done it. Luckily last year I saved all the text (explaining how it works/etc/etc) so I dont have to retype it all...just tweak it and BAM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.