1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

MLB is a priority

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Dec 11, 2017.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We got burned with out slow MLB. Need to go after a MLB in draft or free agent.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, first we need to figure out what to do next week because Moats and Spence was rough.

3. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Definitely a work in progress.

4. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    After personally dogging 44 for an entire week, allow to officially reverse my position: We NEED 44 out on that field next week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Moats is not a ILB. And Spence's bad knee injury has killed his speed for good.

Worse than that is not having Haden has killed the secondary and Mike Mitchell has an ankle issue and he is playing safety in the wrong era now.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They should try to sign Navarro Bowman.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Any idea what the extent of his shoulder injury is?

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Dude you have no idea how many times I was thinking about you last night. I don't like to get on here during the game and I usually pop in at half time but I so wanted to post last night with ya. Moats truly sucked last night, I know it was his first game and all but he just plain out right got run over and game experience isn't gonna help that. As far as Spence goes man I can't believe how much he played and it looked like he was still on his couch. 51 is slow and with our lack of safety help we are in trouble there.

I will not say TM is any better but if he is this bad I will give up. The one thing about TM is all thru his college career he was a tackling machine and we need that right now. At this point I would have no problem seeing what Keith Kelsey could do and I know next to nothing about him but he has to be better than what we just saw last night.

With that said loved that with the D struggling we still pulled this win out and the O stepped up to carry the team. As bad as this D played last night we got a W and "hats & shirts" vs a team many think are good.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    At this point we just need to stop the run and tackle, let everything else work out

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I said it earlier, if this O steps up(like it did last night) we will be fine. things aren't gonna be perfect on D but we have to do the small things......like tackle. this O needs to carry us and make the other team one dimensional and we can run this table!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I was shocked how much Spence played. Fort is obviously on this team for ST only.

Spence may be slower, but it seemed he was slower in making the right read. Hopefully that will improve, as we need depth there. VW better stay healthy or it's over

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Glad to see Harrison was in there a few plays but I can kind of see why he hasn't played a lot... Looked rather slow.. but then again he has been sitting 3/4 of the seaosn

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    when haden comes back hopefully that will shore up the secondary a bit, and provide coverage sacks. I don't even know anymore lol

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    vince is a backup. he needs to step it up 10 fold too. we need forts speed on the field. the moats experiment i hope is over. :cool:

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    TJ Watt saved the day with his strip sack on the last play to get us the win, there is a lot of dog in that guy....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Williams is not a backup. That's just ridiculous.

I do think Fort should play with him. They clearly need the speed out there. Still, it should be ends and outside linebackers stopping those runs to the outside and they aren't getting it done.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    vince is very average and limited in what he can do. :cool:

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    if we want to stop the runs, Harrison is the answer in the middle linebacker spot. Said it last week, Moats, Spence is NOT the answer. Don't tell me he dosen't know the system. We are screwed either way in the passing game, but don't tell me he would not of stopped some of those runs by the Ravens.

19. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    yea, on that play he came from from the left OLB position in place of 48.

20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Yeah Dupree is quickly becoming a bust, he recorded one lousy tackle during the entire game last night, a first round pick in his 3rd year and he still plays like a rookie in his first game.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Why can't Fort play ILB? I didn't see the Bengals game, but it sounded like he played pretty well and he has the speed.

22. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Baseball doesn't start for another 6 months or so...be patient ..

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not sure but dupree has some speed and played ILB in college as well as outside. why not move him inside to help with coverage and maybe it would free him up to make some more plays. move moats back outside and let he, chickillo and harrison play that spot down the stretch. dupree is a 4.56 guy. :cool:

24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He plays for the Raiders, going to be hard to sign him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Interesting.

I was thinking the same thing two days before the game. Wonder if Tomlin would entertain the idea. Within the same vein though, unless Keion Adams or Anthony Chickillo has shown considerable improvement, pass rusher round one again; early round preferably.