1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixed views from Detroit fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-l...IAL-Steelers-Lions-GAME-DAY-THREAD--109634611

A lot are pessimistic about this game but not all. One of the larger factors I consider when picking games is "Who needs it more?" Of course, that mostly only factors in when both teams are in the hunt, which both these teams are.

Using that matrix, Detroit needs this game more and they are in the hunt. Another factor to consider is a home team underdog in a night game is a strong factor. Home underdogs in prime time are good bets, but that is against the spread, not necessarily to win, but they often do.

Then we got the NFC on the road factor for the Steelers which is not good (see the Bears game).

So which Steeler team will we see? The apathetic, sleepwalking team or the hungry, focused team?

Some Lion fans think our pass rush will destroy Stafford and will end up knocking him out of the game. But they are coming off a much-needed bye and are smarting after a few losses in a row. But I think I read somewhere that the Steelers are 6-0 on Sunday night.

Bottom line? It's a tough one for me to call. This team usually plays best when they are in the hot seat, and they clearly are not really right now, unless they have the vision to understand home-field throughout playoffs needs considered. A win would indicate this team has matured somewhat. The Lions need this game, at home, prime time. I think if we keep rushing the ball, including some touches by Conner, we can pull this off. If we get brain-dead Todd calls, we lose.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. Just the kind of game we lose focus. Only hope is we really have taken all our lumps and the team is focused now and for the rest of the year.

There is one other thing. We might have something special going on with our defense this year. If it is still on the rise, we can have games where the offense does not show up and we win anyway, unlike recent years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea I’m not sure about this one lol. Law of averages + tomlin teams say we lose this one.

I feel the standard might not be the standard. Do it for Rooney

4. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Still waiting for this team to find it's identity. And that typically doesn't happen until a little bit further into the second half when their backs are against the wall and they're starting to get written off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I picked the Steelers to lose. Hopefully I'm wrong. I won't be wrong about the Titans game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Change your avatar to a jar of Sauerkraut because your consistently sour!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Nah don't mess up the mojo

• Like Like x 2
  9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    They're a bit tough on that #85. Did he insult the fans in the media or something?

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I noticed that too. They really hate Ebron, but I don't know why.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    #1 Draft choice not playing up to expectations

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

your consistently wrong so that's a good thing for us :)

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    In that case, we should be hating our entire offense.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    LeBron keeps dropping the ball

15. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Because he was a very highly touted player coming out of that draft. He was supposed to be a real game changer and all he does is drop balls so far.