1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch regretting his decision to sign with the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Jan 8, 2023.

1. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Mitch is a b--ch and crys like one he should have played better instead of being a Neil o a-hole clone it was a mistake signing him.He had his chances he blew it

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Trubisky can feel how he wants to feel, but going public with it now was unprofessional. I'd demote him to No. 3, but Rudolph doesn't want to be there, either, so what's the point? They clearly think Trubisky is the better option if they need their backup, so all the Steelers can do is hope he sees the opportunity to help himself if they need him.

The research comment was a lousy thing to say in more than one way. It implies that the Steelers did something wrong, but it was weak to make that comment without saying what that might be. Is he saying he should have known they would give him less of a leash than he thinks he deserved? Is it a complaint about Tomlin? Canada? His teammates? If you're going to go there, go there, rather than this half-assed crap that he pulled.

3. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    So Trubisky is complaining because he is making $7 million and not having to have his ribs crushed, suffer a concussion or any other long term injury? He has the best job in the world right now and if lucky, will be able to parlay this into another year of being paid $7 million and walking away healthy.

I recognize that Mitch believes he is a starting QB and believes he should be making $25 million per season, but that is just delusional.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I still laugh at people who think this is like little league and think everyone deserves an equal opportunity. It is the NFL. Earn the opportunity. Dobbs didn't do that. Neither did Rudolph. Both came up short when they did get their chance. Rudolph lost his job to an undrafted rookie who was out of the league the next year. I'm not talking about the concussion. He lost the job for poor play later that season. Dobbs is with his fourth organization and he is only starting because the top guy is hurt and their No. 2 is a disaster. Preseason success is fool's gold and you've got a sack full of it.

5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    What we don't know for certain was what Trubisky was told by Steeler brass when he was signed. Doesn't really matter at this point, the decision has been made to hand the QB reigns to Pickett. Trubisky has been around long enough to know that this is a results-based business. I'm not necessarily defending Tomlin's handling of the QB situation. Appears to have been a gut feel decision to replace Trubisky in the second half of the Jets game with Pickett. What I don't appreciate is Mitch whining about his treatment before a game Pittsburgh has to win to keep their faint playoff hopes alive. He isn't doing himself or his present teammates any favors moving forward. Should just keep his mouth shut. After he moves on, he'll have plenty of time to b!tch.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Didn't read... It will be the same dumb :bscow: by You.
    I actually was expecting You....because..The hit Dog always yells the loudest . You are living proof of this. LoL

7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Trubisky is making this sentiment public in effort to be released. As this past year was considered to be a weak QB draft, he may have a tougher time next year signing with a team with 2023 being considered a QB-rich draft. If he signs anywhere he will most likely be in another bridge situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I agree. I laugh when I hear someone saying that a player didn’t get a fair chance. Can’t use meaningful games as tryout’s. Earn it in practice then prove it when you get the opportunity on game day.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah king of bad timing, but I can appreciate the guy being honest about the way he feels and saying it in a mostly respectful way. Could’ve been like Clowny which was silly.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My take was that he was kinda agreeing with you and adding that life isn't fair or deserving of a participation trophy , when your are given the opportunity grab it with both hands and make your mark. I could be off on that assessment though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I read in another forum on Facebook that someone claiming to know Trubisky warned him against the Steelers and feels the "Steelers did him dirty as well as the fans." I've said all along anyone starting game one of this year was going to be in a tough spot. I still also feel he was gifted the QB1 spot and never really earned it. If the Steelers planned on sitting Kenny, they should have made him earn it over Rudolph, as well as give Rudolph the shot he earned in camp. However, knowing Pickett was an unexpected surprise falling to #20 and would be considered the future of the franchise, Trubisky put the pressure on himself by playing to safe and looking over his shoulder. He just didn't take necessary shots and showed no signs of aggressive play to provide that spark. Our QB room will look quite different next year with Kenny being the veteran signal caller. I'm sure we will again have a 4th or 5th round QB pick and possibly a new veteran back-up.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Who is sticking up for Trubisky? My point was Tomlin very openly and publicly expressed that he wanted safe play from his QB, which at the time was Mitch. Mitch is also known as a safe QB, which as I'm sure we can agree will result in limited offensive ability. Mitch is who he is, which is why Tomlin wanted him, and he did what Tomlin asked him to do. The fact we didn't have a running game makes it even more likely Mitch would be unable to put up points.

I don't like Mitch. I never wanted him in the first place. He's a backup QB. But I understand his frustration. He never had a chance here. He was asked to play it safe which he did, and he wasn't even given a running game. I don't think he can succeed anyway, but if you're going to demand safe QB play, you need to balance it out with good defence and a running game. Other than week 1, Mitch didn't get either of those things.

13. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Trub was nothing but a scape goat for Tomlin this year and allowed tomlin time to move past the Ben era without any blame being placed on Tomlin. Now Pickett and Tomlin are the heroes, and Trub is the goat - that’s what Trub means when he says he should have done more research.

classic corporate politics using fall guys.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The deck was stacked against him. Even more reason to dig deep and show what you’re capable of. Didn’t work out for him.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Mean old Tomlin strikes again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    :facepalm:

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good conversation going on and you gotta parade out the “Tomlin’s fault “ theory. Awesome job Bro.

18. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    :facepalm:

19. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    He just hasnt been very good. End of story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    What people believe and what they are is 2 different things. Mitch is not a starter week in and week out, he is a come in and win one game in an emergency. If Rudolph had any real talent Mitch would have not ever been necessary. Rudolph and Mitch both need to collect their check and STFU.

21. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    It's Mitch's festivus. I'm sure in the Airing of Grievances, the Steelers could start with giving him a contract.

Now comes the Feats of Strength.

22. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I regrett Mitch signing with the Steelers as well.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That may or not be the case, but after the season they talk to all the players individually. That is the time to speak about your future, that is the time to air your thoughts and ask to be traded or released. To have the article appear just before the last game is rubbish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't read it...So :shrug:
    If that was His take....My bad.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tissue?