1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch: potential trade bait before the deadline

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Oct 3, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My only pushback if I am a Colts fan is that, even with Trubisky, where is my running game?! Johnathan Taylor is being reported to have suffered a High Ankle Sprain so the overall Offensive effectiveness of the Colts is greatly diminished there. In addition, while Michael Pittman Jr., Alex Pierce and Parris Campbell are perimeter/perimeter capable players, Frank Reich heavily runs concepts targeting the middle of the field via play actions; a part of the West Coast Style of Offense. Mitch's ability to throw to that section of the field has been non existent.

2. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    I would definitely keep Mason. I feel that he was not given any help at all from the coaching staff and still isn’t. I also feel that Ben had to much to say. He should have been told to shut the hell up and do your job. Another case where. No one stepped in to fix that issue.

Bradshaw called him a cheerleader years ago but that has changed, he is a over paid wanna be fool.

3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I’m on record as not being a DJ fan. He’s wildly inconsistent. He’s needed though. Claypool is the expendable one. Team would have to be desperate. I’d only take a 2nd or 3rd. Anything else I guess you keep him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Just woke up from a nice afternoon siesta. Needed is as I go back to work tonight.

I'd cut Mitch (after the season) and try to sign Mason. Heck, I'd try to sign Mason tonight to a 3 or 4 year deal. Frankly, I think Mason is better. I just don't see a real market for Mitch.

• Like Like x 3
  5. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Does that beanstalk guy, Jack, GM for any NFL teams?

6. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Why would any team trade for a player everyone says is bad, sucks garbage etc?

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    yeah, a QB room rebuild is needed.

8. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Trubisky was given team captain much the way he was given the QB job. He didn’t have to compete or earn anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    Trubisky protects the ball so well he doesn’t throw pick-6’s, nor does he throw for six. No one gets into the end zone period with him under center.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I know what you mean. DJ is great when things are going great, but as soon as things aren't he's either pouting or giving up on plays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Jason La Canfora used to be in Washington.... :roflmao:
    He was wrong at just about everything.

I would try to move him, but I don't know if we'll find any takers.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I wouldn't try to move Him until the season is over.....Hell We might need Him, but I would make the switch of Mason, and Trubisky.
    I'd have Mason be the two, and Trubisky be the 3. Mason knows more about this place , players,and playbook than any of them....He may actually be of use on the sidelines for Pickett, and unlike Trubisky....He can handle being the backup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    I completely agree with you on switching Mason and Mitch as QB2 and QB3. Yes, Mitch may be more mobile, but Mason is more of a downfield threat than Mitch. Also, there seemed to be a mutiny brewing in the locker room with Mitch. Should Pickett gets hurt I think Mason would be more of a change of pace than the game manager Mitch was trying to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Mitch has been far worse than I thought he’d be. He can’t hit anything downfield and he is not efficient enough as a dink and dunk game manager. I know the play calling and general offensive setup hasn’t helped him but he is still awful quite frankly. I just can’t see who else would want him, you’d maybe get a fifth or sixth round pick for him if somebody goes down and a team desperately needs a QB

• Like Like x 1