1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch break down (coaches film with images). "Mash report"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 19, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not meaning to argue, but He was really not that accurate even in N.C......He had plenty of passes that made You think.....what was that.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This was one of the plays during the game I was blowing My top about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    This is sort of an example that I talk about when I say Mitch is playing safety ball.

The Steelers send 5 out.
    And he gets the 1:1 match down at the bottom of the screen shot
    He also has the single Safety watching over the top side of the screen...

The problem is #76 Chukwuma Okorafor - He gets beat. Dan Moore is getting beat as well so it would be a little hard to step up in the pocket.

In reality, Mitch should have the confidence in Pickens and this ball should go to the right side 50 to Pickens in 1:1 and put the ball on the outside so only Pickens has the shot.

I saw this several times with New England. He takes the short man.
    You don't really want to go to Pat Freiermuth, he's looking to go slant from this shot..
    You could go Harris on the circle

So in conclusion;
    Mitch sends 5 out. Zone flood.
    Drops to what looks like a 7step drop.. the minute he hit 7 he should have fired down the right sideline.
    The OT's can't contain.

Attached Files:

4. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Yeah same here. They tried it again later on but the Pats adjusted, probably from the motion pre-play.
    Credit video to Alex Kozora. Those of you on Twitter, check out his breakdown of the offense. Good stuff, highly recommend.

• Like Like x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank You :thumbs_up:

6. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    The 2nd half of the 2nd clip.
    Notice the Receiver, right side 30-yard line.
    He actually had a guy running open on the top side, (40 yd line)
    But pressure is there.

You kind of get the feeling he's hesistating?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Yep, i missed everything from the patriots. I thought of highlighting it for today, but the browns game is almost here.

8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I really see pickett able to hit a lot of these players. Could be wrong, but trubidky had a lot of red going on.

9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I don't care if Pickens is actually running wide open on every route and being missed. He needs to shut up and keep doing it. He's a rookie who has proven nothing yet in the NFL, so it's a little early to start throwing others under the bus.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagreed because he really didn’t throw anyone under the bus. In more of the interview you’ll see he wasn’t being that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  12. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fair enough, that was poorly worded by me. I'd prefer he not give media anything at this point other than something along the lines of "I'll keep working to be open and take advantage of my opportunities when they present themselves". One of those non-answers that no one can even remotely inferred as chirping. In other words, he may be justifiably frustrated, but I don't want him to show it already

• Like Like x 4
  13. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

Hey man thanks for the write up it's awesome. Appreciate the time you put in. If there is one ask, could you label the pics like 1.a 1.b 2.a
    Like in totality not by thread. I really want to chat on some of them but hard to be like

2nd post 4 heading 2nd picture.
    Would be cool to say 2.a.ii
    Or whatever.

Again awesome stuff man.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    This is why I mentioned the whole picture thingy.

I agree and by no means am saying absolute but there are times, the pic with "claypool open in the end zone" that the ball is already out. Maybe before the ball gets tossed sure maybe he was.

There was another where, I think claypool again, that the ball is being wound up and the CB ( I think ) is already on his toes pushing forward, it would have been pick off.

Again, I'm nitpicking and LOVE the write up so we can truly nitpick with objectivity.

All said, I think it's Mitch not getting the right read and playing safe but also the O call of playing it safe.

As someone mentioned, I think there may be handcuffs on the QB to " not blow it." That not a good working relationship I'd want to be in.

I don't know about you guys but I'll take a QB going for 250 2tds and 2 picks over 190 and 1 TD. To quote Todd Gurley with Jeff Fisher " that's middle school offense."

15. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    What I did was put the images from that one throw.

I'm unsure of browns game I want to break them all down, do highlights.

If I did highlights I could record a short for YouTube. Then have images under for what to look at.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Yeah, sometimes I shows were the ball was already out. But if I saw right before that someone was not open, i didn't include it. Or if someone didn't have their head turned looking, i didn't include that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I think you're right. At least that is what I saw in pre-season.
    Pickett was a bit raw, of course, but still he looks like a higher ceiling.
    Mitch, in my opinion, wasn't a 2nd pick type of QB and he's snakebit from Chicago.
    You have to trust your accuracy; you have to trust your receivers.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    This is the thing about Mitch Trubisky....
    I was surfing around looking for some material on him...
    You look at this from NFL.com and it shows "Good Mitch" - There's really nice plays (both by design and by execution)
    But what's the most frustrating is that he will make those plays and then cannot surf the momentum to make more.
    Mitch Trubisky says downfield passing opportunities there for Steelers' offense (nfl.com)

Some of the throws he makes are 'wow throws'
    but he has only a 5.1 yds/pass avg... that sucks!

Then I note:
    Harris is better when they run the gut plays.
    I do like Warren's look too.. but between the two, Harris is most likely to pop the home run.
    They just need to figure out how to get more that 49 yards out of him. Maybe he needs 25 carries.
    In either case.. if I am Tomlin, I am running the hot hand between those two for now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Argree with it all. I think the and with Harris and think he'll get back to form.

I didn't know that about mitch yards though..

• Like Like x 1
  20. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The offense is a work in process considering that several parts of the offense are new and young.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    As in the clip, you see:
    - Some really nice throws
    - Some really good play design
    - At times the call is perfect

But they just fail to capitalize on those plays.
    The Defense struggles without TJ, they need to get Heywood some help.

So, I would agree some that the offense is slower to come about, especially with new players in it.
    But I also see Mitch as not able to get that spark going. It's like that campfire that one has gathered some great wood and arranged perfectly but the damn thing just won't catch.