1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch break down (coaches film with images). "Mash report"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Yep that's how I left feeling..... and I'll let you do the browns game. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I always thought the signing (and let's be fair, it was a very minor contract) was about his mobility. We haven't seen that either. :shrug:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Yeah my weight is on an above average QB could make this work. And mitch it's below average

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Glad You now see the house is on fire. :thumbs_up:
    I don't know if Pickett will be better, but I do know Trubisky is not the answer, and at least if the Rookie is making the same mistakes....He can learn, and be somewhat forgiven, but Trubisky is the exact player He's always been....the only thing I've noticed He has learned is.....How to easily blame others.
    This is why the signing, and the automatic handing the team over to Him are a freaking head scratcher.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good stuff, Mash. Confirmation that Mitch simply doesn’t see the entire field. I think Kenny does.

You’re right, Trubisky is NOT the answer and there is no reason whatsoever for Tomlin to stubbornly stick with a quarterback who has proven to be nothing better than mediocre for his entire career and is a backup quarterback. It’s time NOW to put Kenny in, let him learn, let him take his lumps, let him win a few and let him lose a few. It’s time for his NFL education to begin!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    From what I seen of pickett....
    - hits receivers on the move
    - faster throw
    - analyzes the field before the snap.... now does that mean he'll get locked in where he wants to go? Abs force a play? Or will be be open to changing? Who knows.

But that's 2 pluses that fix some errors in the Cincinnati game. And would have extended parts, making for a better relief to the defense. So a better win.

Furthermore I "think" we would have won the patriots game due to see just need an edge better off an offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Totally agree :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Correct, I do not want to see our defense wasted.I think pickett can make Canada scheme work good enough to giving us an edge. But it's clear trubisky doesn't work.

Also not a fan of a QB that does not take blame. Him throwing Canada under the bus before game 3 upsets me. That will cause problems not needed in the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    lol..... :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    By the way..... I get the feeling Kenny better be ready.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I'll give him 3 Games of no judgements.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I don't know why this made Me laugh.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh I understand where you stand Mash! No problems here!

All I am saying is that inserting Pickett sadly is not going to resolve the current woes Canada still has. If anything, Pickett can only do so much as he is being hogtied by what appears to be an Offensive System that does not play to his strengths; the middle of the field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Never said they did and are you really implying that Ben never missed open receivers?

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What???? Ridiculous....all Qbs miss open targets.......some just don't do it on the regular......what I'm trying to say is most people blamed Ben for missing Wrs....after He already threw the ball.....Ben got rid of the ball faster than anyone in a long, long, long , long time in the History of the NFL.....You can't say a guy is open after the ball is already out of the Qbs hand......, and that's not happening now.....Hell Trubisky is holding onto it way longer than He should a lot of time, and these Guys are open while He's still got the ball in His hand.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks so much for this. Seems to address the question of why our receivers cannot get open - they are open. Our QB just doesn't get them the ball when they are open. Also the ARE holes to O-line creates.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I said the very thing last week and all people wanted to show me was a chart of thrown balls. I saw various plays on twitter that showed our WR's wide open that are shown in the pictures of this vary thread. If Mitch can hit these WR's and Najee could hit the open holes, then we could have a solid offense (despite Canada's flaws). Canada has his flaws, that's nondebatable to me; however, I find this all more of an execution problem moreso than just Canada.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Even if we win Thursday at Cleveland, if his play does not improve then it is KP time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't want to see Pickett if Tomlin is going to hold him back though. That's not good for his development. He needs to have the freedom to make mistakes and learn from them. Don't hang him out to dry, but at the same time, let the dude have the freedom to make the throws he thinks he can make. Only then will he realize just how tight the windows are in the NFL and how fast defenders close, especially on deep balls.

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree whole heartedly. Accuracy and anticipation will be key for KP until we can surround him with capable OL.

• Like Like x 2
  23. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    This is really well done. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too, he is much too athletic for how he has played these last 2 games. When coming out of NC, he was accurate also, Something
    is just not jiving here. Mitch better get on his pony, his starting QB time is expiring.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Just more of what Mashburn already pointed out (he may have even covered this one). Mitch is missing a lot.

And Pickens is already chirping. There is going to be changes. Too much grumbling already. Pickett is the most likely but should be Pickett starting and new OC. I’ll take just Pickett to start with in case this is mostly on Mitch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1