1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Minkah Fitzpatrick worth a 1st?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You're fairly new so maybe you don't know but that nonsense isn't permitted here. No politics.

Keep it football related. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'll make sure to be more careful from now on. I really didn't mean that as political. An accepted definition/usage of liberal can be "(of education) concerned mainly with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training."

Again, I really didn't mean to get political.

But your point is well taken. I'll steer clear. :thumbs_up:

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Oh, he was. And I am having fun. He seems quite perturbed, which is why he went where he did.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah, I'm not reading this. You aren't worth it.

I got far enough to see you double down with even more errors and lost interest. You lost on substance and style. Woodson was faster. The gap was even larger when you compare them to their contemporaries, which is more valuable in an evaluation. Your response was rude, inaccurate and flawed on every level. The rest is just more nonsense from you.

I'll just point out one thing. Your examples of one-word sentences are verbs, so they fit right into the lesson I tried to teach you. I love teaching, but it is my profession. If you need real lessons, pay me to tutor you. Otherwise, it's not worth my time.

You missed the real point, anyway. You attacked an English teacher's command of language with a post that was overflowing with errors. It was comical. I really do appreciate the laugh. Thank you.

Good call by Blast to shut down the politics. That stuff gets nasty, but the little I saw was instructive.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    You are funny, I'll give you that. You say I'm not worth it and then spend 4 paragraphs attacking my grammar again. You really want to sound important, don't you? Just let it go.

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    To end the thread... the answer to the original question appears to be a resounding "yes".

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Thanks. I can accept that. :thumbs_up:

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Absolutely yes, the trade was a steal in fact.

Question. If he continues on this trajectory and the Steelers sneak in to the playoffs is Minkah a candidate for DPOTY? I can’t think of too many defensive players that are playing better right now. Maybe Gilmore.

10. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Watt should be in the conversation also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    totally worth a first imo. but that's from a far out view.....TE and S were the two positions that were glaringly omitted in the 19' draft and now that was corrected with Vannett and Fitzpatrick. I'm sure this has been posted before but I love the additions of both. Vannett is a dude and Fitz is making his presence felt. Pretty effen pimp if you ask me. But what the hell I'm being a fan from afar.....

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would not dismiss the efforts of the likes of Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, T.J. Watt, Devin McCourty, Shaquill Barrett and even Nick Bosa himself. Again, those players, in addition to Minkah would be my shortlist. That said, one big aspect I am omitting currently:

Keep an eye on the second half of this season. Namely the surge of Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram. I also would pay attention to a possible "Dark Horse" in Bud Dupree. Quite a bit of proverbial salavating as he does not have too many remaining good Offensive Lines to go up against.

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This.

As I stated before when the trade happened, not a single safety prospect in the upcoming 2020 class would rival Minkah's Instincts, Awareness and Football IQ. This is not even accouting for his very high quality athletic abilities either. Not elite but with instincts and playmaking abilities to boot, who is going to argue?!

Grant Delpit has the far superior athletic traits but is not as sharp in his Football Acumen as Minkah is. Isaiah Simmons is either a monstrous roaming box safety or a Linebacker with coverage skills that surpass even Tremaine Edmunds; a skill he was hailed as an All Pro level in that aspect of his game. Xaiver Mckinney does not have Minkah's instincts or athletic abilities.

Overall, both Minkah and Vannett were key additions. Minkah has been what I expected of him and more. Nick will get better with each passing game. Just a matter if Randy trusts Mason enough.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    He'd have to continue to ball out all year and probably score another TD or two. Then we'd have to make the playoffs. Both Minkah and TJ are great defensive players, its gonna be tough to beat out Nick Bosa for DPOY

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He may actually be worth more than just a 1st rd pick.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    My point was you weren't worth making this even uglier, so my response was relatively tame. Apparently, you agreed, so let's move on.

Clearly, Fitzpatrick is turning the answer to the OP into a resounding yes.

17. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If he prices himself right out of town and it becomes virtually impossible to sign him to what he'll demand(which is looking more likely every game), was he still worth it?

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Hm?! Prices himself out?! I doubt that will be a problem when the time comes. Two years should be plenty to decide whether or not Minkah is worth the money.

Besides, assuming the next CBA keeps this intact, the fifth year option is still there. Minkah was not just the Alpha in that Alabama locker room. He was hailed as an A+ Team Player and Team Leader. Add the fact that all he cares for is football and nothing else and Pittsburgh does not have to worry about a thing.

Trust me on this one. This is not the second coming of Jalen Ramsey. Not even close.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would agree, still think they had to make the Vannett trade even if it turns out to be a one season rental..if they can sign him to a reasonable deal (avoiding FA) even better.

20. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    You dont let guys like Minkah and Watt price themselves out of town. Especially when you trade a first round pick to get him... Bell is an anomaly since he did the whole hold out thing and then basically pushed his way out of town, and we all know what happened with that clown AB lol

He's going nowhere. Watt isn't either. We will lose players like Hargrave and Dupree to make sure we have money for when these guys contracts come up. Guaranteed

21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Me and you both!

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
  25. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Hell yeah a 1st a 2nd a bag of new footballs and a new pickup.