1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

mini camp

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jun 12, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    All good news, was trying to pick out what I liked the most/found the most interesting.

Perhaps Baron Batch not wearing the "no-contact" vest?

Also the fact that they are making Decastro and Adams work their way into the line (at least at this stage... training camp may be a different story). I'm sure they'll prove their worth very, very quickly though.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Colons joke was great and I wish they would have went into a little more detail of brown taking over the locker room. Brown seems to be the total package

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i said in a post the line thing would happen and it did. they will get the spots i'm sure, but just not quite yet. colon said it smelled like baby milk and pampers in the huddle. :lolol:

my concern is brown not practicing. we don't have alot back there to pick from as far as guys that have been here. time for some other guys to shine. :cool:

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    He took place in otas I'm sure if it was anything serious we would know about it. I till think allen will be better then him on the outside. Brown is better suited for the nickel. I hope they both are great for years to come because they will be a great ting

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Love it! Thanks for posting Mac.

Positives:

Baron Batch not wearing a "no contact vest". Sanders feeling 100% and itching for a 1,000 yd season. Pouncey feeling great. Keisel impressed with how well Ben is grasping the new offense.

Surprising:

Brown taking over the locker room that belonged to Hines. Wow, Brown is quickly becoming one of my favorite Steelers :herewego:

Negatives:

Harrison and Worlids nursing injuries. Mostly concerned with Harrison there, body seems to be breaking down. Wallace still hasn't reported :thumbsdown:

Additionally, I love that Kugler came down on Adams, no way a rookie should not be finishing his assignments

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks for posting that Mac. There was a lot of good stuff on Twitter earlier. Here's some others~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It sort of goes with him MO though. He has not been known for his work ethic. Kugler is going to scream it into him if he has to. One of the vets will sit down with him, preferably Colon and Pouncey and tell him what he needs to do in order to play in the NFL and how to start.

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Initially I thought it said taken over the locker room as well but I reread it and I believe they meant he actually has Wards old locker

Bman

10. jfeust

jfeust New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Guys, the article said that Brown took over the LOCKER that hines use to use, not that brown took over "the locker room".

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Right~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

oops :kapow:

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Casey Hampton looks like he is very actively helping Ta'amu's development. He knows this is his last year and will not only play his heart out when he gets on the field, but is doing what he can to ensure the position will remain strong after he's gone. A lot of people don't think he's the biggest team player, probably because he's come into camp overweight before, but I disagree. And I love what he's doing here. Would be nice to ride him off into the sunset with a third Lombardi.

14. ivanarevalo07

ivanarevalo07 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah that's one of the things that stood out the most to me in the video. Taamu has big shoes to fill, and he needs all the help he can get and I love see Casey giving him pointers. Not counting McClendon out but I see him as more of a stop gap solution in case Hamptons not ready to go physically. I believe Taamu is the long term solution.

15. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    My hopes for McLendon are getting so high that I'm beginning to think those two will be a 1-2 punch for the long term, if we can keep them both on the team. I'm not even making a prediction about who will be better. In any case, having Casey around this year will be very good for both of them, especially Ta'amu since McLendon's already been here 2 years.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Me too, that was great to see.~ http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio ... 3dc0111f95

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ditto

18. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah I think mclendon is going to be a beast on passing downs and being able to keep a nt out there on passing downs makes teams think twice before running a draw. mclendon is another one of those guys that are hard not to like. No matter wha he never gave up and worked to get better.

19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Depth and bonefide starters have me excited about this team.Good talent that won't make the team.

20. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Wexell said that Allen was "holding off" Brown for the No 3 spot but that Brown appears to be the 2nd fastest player on the team, behind rookie Chris Rainey. This was after week 3 OTA's.

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm getting goosebumps thinking about what can be...

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

Wexell said that Allen was "holding off" Brown for the No 3 spot but that Brown appears to be the 2nd fastest player on the team, behind rookie Chris Rainey. This was after week 3 OTA's.[/quote:3til0pym]

we have added speed and athleticism to this team the last few years. we needed to. on both sides of the ball. ike used to be a burner. sanders is a very fast guy. mcfadden is fast. that WR from penn st. is supposed to be a burner too. a. brown is more quick but plays fast.

we have alot of good potential behind our cb's but it's all unproven. they were real good college players, so i expect we will see some other unheard of guys step up too. we do have a nice mix of power and speed throughout. keeping even the potential guys around will be difficult. there are going to be some tough cuts this year. we should have a great PS this year too. it will keep pushing these young active players.

at safety alone i like our young guys. golden,cromartie-smith, rolle. i think they will give mundy and will allen all they can handle this year as far as athleticism. C-S should be up to speed this year. this is his 3rd yr. rolle is intelligent and has the size to maybe play a backup role to spence in some certain packages they are working on. golden, is one of the udfa's i was excited to get. i'm not sure how he went undrafted. he could have gone in the 5th-6th or 7th rounds very easily. the cupboard isn't totally bare behind troy and clark, but it's young like at corner. a very positive outlook if you ask me. besides the obvious guys in camp, there is alot of potential talent to critique throught this roster in camp. i'm excited to watch preseason this year more then most. :cool:

23. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011

Wexell said that Allen was "holding off" Brown for the No 3 spot but that Brown appears to be the 2nd fastest player on the team, behind rookie Chris Rainey. This was after week 3 OTA's.[/quote:26k5irz6]
    I'm guessing he means those are the 2 fastest guys at minicamp. I expect them to be 2nd and 3rd by about halfway through training camp. :cool:

24. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  25. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm guessing he means those are the 2 fastest guys at minicamp. I expect them to be 2nd and 3rd by about halfway through training camp. :cool:[/quote:22ltyant]

I hope so ;-)