1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Wallace continues to prove we make a good decision

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersWin!, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I figured it would have been by now

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm just glad me and Mikey can finally see eye to eye! Hooda thunk it??? LOL! Just playing around folks!

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    +1

I'm completely in agreement with you blount.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Looks like Tommy Lee a little? Sorry TTF, responded in my other post before seeing your creepy newspaper guy.

5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I get what you're saying. Mendenhall had a right to say what he said on Twitter a while back as well. The thing is, the players aren't just individuals. They represent a league and their team so they have to be careful what they say in a public setting.

6. Venn

Venn Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's from Harry Potter

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I totally see what you mean. The Dolphins don't wanna alienate a whole group of people.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    TOMMY LEE!!!???? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'd say more Gene Simmons! LOLOLOL!!!

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Well that's funny TE, because I initially looked for a Tommy Lee Jones gif from No Country For Old Men, but there wasn't one. This came up instead and I decided it'd work. I think it's Alan Rickman from one of the Harry Potter movies.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah someone else confirmed it was a Harry Potter dude. I've never watched a Harry Potter movie but I've heard they are actually pretty good.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Not really my cup of tea, but to each his own. :smiley1:

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    You're SO intolerant!!! LOL!!

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ha! Funny, yeah never seen the Harry Potter movies, not my thing either but No Country For Old Men, now that's a freaking movie!

14. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    A standing ovation to you sir!:applaud::this!:

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm bowing like a ballerina. LOL. Thanks though.

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't know how to respond to much of this except:

[video=youtube;buwpJm-6oEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buwpJm-6oEM[/video]

17. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    All this blow up in the media because of someone's opinion/comment is ridiculous. And to be fair, Wallace was ASKED about what he thought about that NBA player that announced he was gay... but of course they do not add that into the story.

Regardless though, the media DOES blow up when someone has an opinion that goes against the "pop-culture" norms and Wallace does represent an extremely public organization so you gotta watch what you say on these social networking sites regardless of how BS it is...

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    He can have his own opinion, but he has to be careful of when he is expressing it and to whom. As an adult you SHOULD be able to recognizes in situations advance where saying something just isn't a good idea and that's it's better to keep your yap shut even if you were asked a question.

19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Disclaimer: The following statement is a work of fiction meant only to illustrate something. Do not take it for anything other than an absurd comment to illustrate something absurd.

"I don't understand why white women have to date black guys. I mean, so many white guys out there and they go for them? SMH"

Now before your heads explode, I say that in COMPLETE jest. Was that statement incredibly racist? Yes it was. It's not even my opinion... but it could be theoretically.

Now, if that was my honest belief, should I spout that nonsense off? Or should I STFU and keep it to myself? If the answer to the second question is yes, how is this any different from Wallace? Both statements are asinine comments founded in ignorance and prejudice.

It's ok to be wrong. Hell, it's even ok to be a bigot. But in a polite society, you keep that crap to yourself.

I don't understand how a man can find another man attractive. Know why? Because I'm straight! I can guarantee you a gay man doesn't understand how a heterosexual man can find a woman arousing. It's not how he's wired.

Hell, I don't know why women give us men the time of day. We're disgusting trolls compared to them. But I'm glad they do. :D (well, 90% statistically anyway ;))

Believe me, I can probably say something that would be incredibly offensive to at least half of you on a daily basis (not necessarily the same half each day either. LOL). I don't for 2 reasons. First, it's against our rules. ;) Second, I see no reason to spout off things just to provoke people or to be an asshat. That's the sort of thing a crazy person does on the corner. Not reasonably intelligent and mannered people. Ask me a legitimate question privately, and I'll have a civil discussion. But I'm not going to rant about how gingers have no souls and should be hanged, drawn and quartered in a public forum.

Probably because I am a ginger. Wait... what was my point?

I'll stop talking now as I've had to delete this last paragraph 3 times as the temptation to toe the line seems to be getting the better of me. ;) And I'll echo TTF's admonition.

Bottom line: Wallace can say whatever he likes. But it's not very smart to go off like he did. The double edged sword of free speech is that the rest of us are also free to call you an idiot.

20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Which half am I in? Just curious.

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So if it was a good decision to get rid of Mike Wallace because he is so stupid as evidenced by his tweets, what does it say about bringing in a WR that is so stupid that he shoots himself in the thigh and ends up going to the slam for 2 yrs?

Clearly intelligence is not THE determining factor for roster spots, if it were teams would have a hard time putting 11 guys on the field.

i've stopped listening to player interviews with the media. The dumb one say dumb things, the smart ones say nothing. So no there's no reason to listen.

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It doesn't surprise me that Wallace spouted off on twitter. He said what he said, and there are plenty of individuals that don't understand.

But what is to understand? There are Gay individuals in our everyday life. So what.

The sports player that came out, I could care less. I judge people by there attitudes, not by if they are gay or by the color of there skin. An idiot is an idiot.

We all bleed the same, so best to just move along. There are more pressing issues in life then to waste mind space on whether people are gay or not.

23. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Well said Ray. It's funny to me that people don't see how this civil rights issue is exactly the same as any others in our nation's history.

To those of you that say it's a choice. I have a cousin that I spend a lot of time with that is gay... We've known since he was about 5 years old... I'm sure there's lots of you here that know someone like that... How can you really say that a person who's acted this way since they were a kid "chose" to be that way? He may not have accepted it until he was in his 30's because society told him his entire life that he was wrong, and should be ashamed, but it was always obvious. Hell... The way they're treated, why would anyone choose to be that way? I've got a thing for brunettes, I've never dated a blonde girl in my life... I don't set out saying this is all I'm going to date... It's just happened because I'm drawn to those women, I don't control who I'm attracted to.

You're (those that side with Mike Wallace) absolutely free to believe whatever you want, but what I don't understand is where you draw the line on gays, because it makes you uncomfortable.

...and just to TTF... I'm playing nice. No name calling, or personal attacks here. I know you're nervous :)

24. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    And I thought this was great. Mike got burned by one of the Jersey Shore airheads...

[tweet]328932991487324160[/tweet]

25. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    So many of you were saying how Blount's post was 'the post of the year'. Well count me in the camp that considers this post 50 times better.

There are people in this world fighting for the right to have clean water and to have food. There are people fighting because of sheer hate. So many in this country choose to fight because they feel that others LOVE someone that they shouldn't. That, my friends, is the real 'SMH'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.