1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Tomlin.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Dec 3, 2018.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Finally, showing some emotions and fire. Mad at bad refs. But, referred to his disgust without commenting direct. Stating that he had already sent enough money to NY.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

Tomlin epitomizes insanity... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    should be disgusted with his D Coordinator.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    How long does it take for an NFL head coach or the Defensive coordinator to understand that the chargers figured out the coverage on Allen wasn't working? Remember the times Gronk killed us and they refused to change? A linebacker on their top receiver was not getting it done yet zero changes were made to correct the issue. The players recognized it and commented on it after the game. The defensive coordinator? Tomlin has no control it seems. Make a change. But not the Steelers. Same old story over and over. Outcoached and out played. Once again. At this point they will lose to the Pats and the Saints no question. Sad really.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Rewatching the film I believe they were scared of the run so they didnt want to go to a dime package and leave only 1 linebacker on the field. But the problem with nickel is it forces the will lb to cover the slot when it's a 4 receiver set and they exposed that matchup with Allen.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Tomlin is a complete moron, a bull**** artist, all sizzle and no steak. As long as he is our head coach, we will NEVER win another super bowl. He's awful.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I actually think Tomlin changes things quite a bit. Game to game at least. As an example, LJ Fort got 83% of the snaps last night. By far the most he's had this year and he played really well. Of course, the play he wasn't in was one of the most important of the game when on 3rd down Allen easily got the first with Bostic "covering" him. He also has reduced Burns' time to nothing as he should. Washington was an inactive last night. Etc. He and the staff will change personnel as needed. Schemes? Maybe not so much.

As for in-game, it's uneven. Last night they didn't seem to do anything different defensively in the second half and were completely unable to figure out how to get a DB covering Allen in the slot. The bad play of Burns and Hilton may be tying their hands, but yeah, they have to try something different. (I actually think they blitzed more in the second half, but it just wasn't effective.) Yet, in Jacksonville they clearly made some adjustments to come back. Denver was good in the middle of the game and lousy at the end.

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

LOL Tomlin , when is his balls gona drop , and say whats on his mind abt the refs and what not...He makes plenty of $$ not gona hurt him much if he is fined

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015

Changes and adjustments during games would be nice. Like lining up Haden to cover Keenan Allen on every play would be a good start. I haven't seen an opposing WR abuse a Steelers defense like that since 2003.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    scared of the run ??? They were missing Melvin Gordon, if they game planned to stop the run then there is lies a major issue in coaching.

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Another reason why the refs have no problem coming in here and screwing us. They know the Steelers are going to be "classy" and not blame them. Such a joke. Offsides on 1st td, multiple blocks in the back on punt return, Haden wasn't offsides and held, and Burns wasn't offsides on the block. I mean how many times do you have to get screwed before you say something!?

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I was definitely surprised at how often they had four linebackers on the field, especially given how little success the Chargers had running the ball in the first half. It worked for a while, but they should have made an adjustment to avoid having linebackers matched up with Allen.

13. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He's already been fined in the past for criticizing officiating - next fine would be greater, I would imagine there is a sliding scale for coaching fines as well.

14. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Funny you say that - from the outside, we are known as the whiniest fans when it comes to complaining about officials. I guess it's all a matter of relativity.

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah fans but the organization is very classy and never complains. Which normally is how I like it except after the refs contribute to half of the Chargers points.

17. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    See my post above - we do complain, we get fined, we shut up about it.

Then we get the obligatory "Oops, we messed up."

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    agreed but there had to be something they could do differently

19. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Too many penalties. Too much drama. The guy can't get control of his players. There needs to be more accountability within this organization. Either make the SB or you're fired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    All I can say is the Steelers better turn things around in a hurry or Tomlin’s chances at coach of the year will take a serious dent! (Ducking my head now and running for cover)....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  21. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Not sure what “Tomlin having control of his players” have to do with penalties

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The AFC North is now a battle of attrition. Ravens won't win all 4 of their games and either will we. If Mike Tomlin can just get them up for 2 more wins that should do the trick. Knowing our beloved Steelers this will be the year we beat the Patriots but lose to Raiders of course. I'm guessing the Bengal game is going to be a must win.

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Phillip Rivers even came out and said we didnt adjust in the 2nd half, .So he just picked us apart ...