1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Tomlin could be interested in LSU

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Urban just has to grind it out. Success isn't going to fall into his lap.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You get back 2 Me when Joe PA wins 6 national championships....Oh!...sorry I guess His 2 will be all....While Nick S.....is still Coaching, and May win One this Year:shrug:LoL

• Like Like x 1
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I suspect Urban won’t have the patience to grind it out in the NFL. Nor will his owner.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    At least it's safe to go into Pitt showers.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh, you’ve done gone and insulted his SEC manhood! It’s on now!

Haha, all in good fun @S.T.D

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He was definitely grinding in that bar…

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up:

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    LMAO. The video says different!

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Maybe not recruiting DB talent.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am not so sure you can compare coaches from different era's. If going strictly by data/stats, then of course, Saban may never be surpassed. Saban, imo, has had the benefit of having top recruiting and being in a dominant conference while most other conferences are/ have been in decline for a while. I think its appropriate to say that other than the SEC and Big 10, there are much fewer teams in the other conferences that are as competitive as they used to be. For instance, what has happened to Miami and FSU? They are non factors and have been for a long time. Now there are just a few teams that really have a chance to go the distance each year and its usually the same teams year after year from the same conferences. Bottom line is the competition that Saban is facing doesn't seem as challenging as other successful coaches of the past faced. Today, if every football program west of the Mississippi were to go away, nothing really would change. That wasn't how it used to be. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    seeit.gif

• Like Like x 2
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well ...Like I commented in another thread earlier.. in the last 30 National Championships 15 have been SEC, and they range from Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Georgia, and Bama so its not like it just has happened, or Saban hasn't had any competition.
    Heck Wish My college team didn't play in the SEC...We would actually win some more games. Like this Year all our losses are 2 top 25 SEC schools,and We haven't even played Bama yet. I watch teams that haven't played, or beat as many top ranked teams as my sorry team ...Yet We aren't even ranked anymore. So...

13. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    And Carson Palmer is throwing his name out for USC . :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    This rumor is absurd.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Tomlin is coaching with a premier professional Sports franchise.

3 coaches in 52 years, and the last 2 left on their terms and not fired. In the what have you done fore me lately NFL, you will never again top that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Tomlin wasn't happy he was asked about it, he abruptly left the media press conference, that may be the only time I have ever seen him do that.

But, to answer Tomlin there are blank checks big enough, its a long shot for Jeff Bezos to buy the entire USC, but he probably could and hire you as his coach of the football team.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That sound byte will follow him forever if he did leave the Steelers for a college job, but I just don't see him doing it.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That kind of sounds like a thou doth protest too much, moment.

And college coaches get paid every well. Dont know what Tomlin makes but Harbaugh just got a 25 million extension from Michigan if I am not mistaken.

He’s probably not leaving the Steelers next season for the college ranks but I don’t think it’s impossible either.

20. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    This is going to sound very "my uncle works at Nintendo", but my uncle works in the athletic department at a smaller college. One of the coaches on the football staff had a stint under Saban at Alabama. He told my uncle that the night of winning the National Championship, Saban gathered the coaches to watch film and start preparing for the next season.

It would help explain why Alabama is always a premier team. Their coach pours everything into the program.

On a related note, imagine where professional and college football would be if the Dolphins signed Brees instead of Culpepper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    F***

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Did you really expect him to actually leave?

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh he's gone.
    He just challenged someone and their checkbook Hahahahahahaha!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Was he just asked about it once? If so, that was an unprofessional reaction on his part. Of course, he was going to get that question. He had to know that going in. That was a given the moment Carson Palmer opened his mouth. Why not just laugh it off, make his comment about nobody having a big enough blank check and move on?

I just hope whichever reporter asked had the decency to make sure others had already gotten their questions in before he did it.

25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    As far as I know just once. I'm sure he realizes there's probably a lot of reporters in that room that wouldn't mind him gone. Maybe that is part of it idk?