1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Tomlin confirms Kenny Pickett is healthy but Mason Rudolph will start against the Ravens.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Your definition of “lit it up” is much different than mine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There is no doubt that Rudolph has played two games that are better than any of Pickett's all this season. I find it telling, however, that Pickett played his best game directly after Canada was fired and now Rudolph is playing well. I can't prove it, because we will never know, but if the team would have put Rudolph into that offensive dumpster fire last year and earlier this year that Pickett was put in I seriously doubt he would have made it. This has been a master class by Tomlin and the Steelers on how to ruin your young QB. JMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    While I'm at this point going to take Kenny at his word on this, at the same, I mean, like...what else is he going to say? He would surely deny it either way and Tomlin would probably keen with keeping such a spirited refusal out of the public eye and let things cool off on their own.

I actually doubt at this point that Kenny outright said he wouldn't back Mason up, but I do think the situation that week was very weird, especially with how Kenny's availability was treated in Seattle. That along with Kenny's weirdly curt "No" to the question of learning anything while sidelined didn't really help his cause - it might have even been at the root of the rumor to begin with. It certainly gave claims about his rebellion some teeth.