1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Tomlin confirms Kenny Pickett is healthy but Mason Rudolph will start against the Ravens.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 1, 2024.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    When did Tomlin say he was healthy

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I missed that apparently

I was just reading the title of this post which does not match the quote associated with it

3. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Kaboly hinted to this earlier in the am today. Kenny Pickett wasn’t health enough to play yesterday but 12 hours later he’s good to go? Ya BS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This forum will go berserk if Mason starts but has a terrible first half and Pickett comes in to save the day;) Better yet make that Trub the dud comes in:)

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Said it more or less in his pc today

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Yeah, if that's legitimately how Kenny acted, then this team has some serious problems behind the scenes (and, by that, I mean, even more than anyone thought). If true, then it would run contrary to the previous belief among many fans that Kenny is some kind of humble local folk hero - an every man from Pitt who stuck it out in that college an extra year, and to be rewarded for his extra work with a breakout season is. Instead of that, it would rather suggest that Kenny's basically just a cocky, self centered, insecure, and immature punk - and anm very entitled one, at that.

This sort of behavior from Kenny WOULD explain why Kenny didn't even dress for the Seahawks game, despite being an active participant in multiple practices that week. I mean, think about that for a second and how if in last night's game, Mason and Mitch both went down, Kenny was not even dressed and would not be able to fill in, despite looking (imo) healthy enough.

Regardless - a controversy in the 'Burgh is a-brewin', that's for sure.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I could be wrong but, i have a feeling that the only time Mitch wears a Steelers jersey after this season will be on Halloween.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I said in another thread, watch Mason have himself another decent game and leads us to victory. Now the NFL may take notice. Now Mason gets a few offers and gives us a big F U. I really don't know what will happen but he will be 29 next season. Not sure what he wants at this point of his career but I'm guessing $$$$ is top of list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    :th thgoodpost:

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Also last week during the Bengals game , when the cameras showed Pickett he didn't look happy:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I just say let Mason enjoy the moment. The way he has been treated here in the burgh, he deserves it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    He will chose the team he will have the best chance to have the bigger role,so yes the $$$$ will be important,because of the money of course but also if a team is ready to give him a decent contract,it also mean that the team are ready to give him a true chance..So we will see what will happen

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This was reported by Mark Madden. I refuse to believe anything a shock jock says about the Steelers. Until it is confirmed from legitimate sources and not a fat heart attack waiting to happen Howard Stern wannabe, it isn't even worth thinking about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Im beginning to think Mr Pickett has an attitude problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If he doesn’t dress this week, that will be very telling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Plus, when he was asked if he was learning anything from the sideline and he curty stated "No." His petulance in that little presser was honestly surprising - but it would make sense if we're to consider his (alleged) refusal to back Mason up. I say alleged, only bc we obviously can't know for certain how valid the claim actually is... although, the more I've reflected on it, the more I'm definitely leaning towards it being most likely pretty factual. It just makes sense...sadly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    He can be the biggest A-hole in the NFL as long as he wins games for the Steelers but if he thinks his poop doesn't stink and he stinks up the joint I'll say good riddance and root against him rest of career.

At the current time I'm not sure I believe what the talking heads are stirring up.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Its a shame if media and fans are stirring up fake news

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  21. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Yup and it will most likely come out this week. Even Kenny’s “no” response was ****ty. Dudes sucked for 24 games and says he didn’t learn 1 thing? I’ve felt it all along that this wasn’t all Matt Canada. Look how Pickens acts around Mason and his secret shots towards Pickett. This team was frustrated and it wasn’t just with Canada. This is like a totally different team with Mason. It’s beyond wild. This isn’t just a winning cures all scenario. These dudes are going at it for eachother right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    That's why I made sure to add a disclaimer. That having been said, a lot of the evidence we've seen come out over the last week points more towards it being true - or that there is at least more than likely some kind of kernel of truth to it. Kenny's documented behavior over this last week + the strangeness of having Kenny practice a lot through the week only to not have him dressed at all for the Seahawks game EVEN after Kenny told telling reporters that he was medically ready to play - something corroborated by a couple other players later that same day in their questions. I mean, something really, really weird is definitely going on and Kenny getting so mad about being sidelined that he might protest by refusing to be backup after being QB1 for 25 games doesn't seem far fetched tbh.

23. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Yep, yep, and yep. Also curious about that presser where he answered "No" to that question: Unlike the videos of other players mini pressers that day, I believe Kenny's was the only one that wasn't posted to the Steelers official website*. Maybe it's since been added, I haven't checked, but it was apparently a notable omission. To be clear, this was according to DK, who - while a bit prone to slight dramatics - is, I think, a pretty fair and objective Pittsburgh sports guy. Something's definitely up and things could very well get ugly, quickly - and if Kenny's the one who's going out of his way to make it ugly, then the Steelers may need to consider getting rid of him before next year - that kind of sh*t is just completely unacceptable for a QB and it would suggest that he's maybe not good for the franchise, at all.

(*The video was obviously posted to the Steelers official YouTube account, but I think DK was referring to it not being embedded/advertised on their actual website. I'll have to look here in a few. I haven't gone to the official Steelers website in years haha)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Interesting indeed. Guys only been in league 2 years. Certainly not Purdy like. If all this is true he is not a team player just when the team seems to be coming together too. He should want his team to win and that means go with the hot hand. Only other thing that pops into my mind is that thing that is ruining sports, the almighty dollar. Can't command those big bucks without those stats to back your case up come contract time.

Man, I really want to make the Playoffs now just to watch this unfold. Should Saturday be it it's going to suck balls waiting to see how our QB situation plays out. For certain Saturday is Mitch's last Steeler game. My early guess camp will be Pickett, Mason and a 2024 draft pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Not to be a jerk, but I thought you didn't lose your job to injury on this team?

You made us suffer through KP all season. Cause you decided he was YOUR GUY. YOU PICKED HIM! HE'S YOUR GUY! Then, RIDE WITH THAT GUY! Don't try to save your ass now! Have some integrity and stick with your boy! I'm so glad that I've been on record, since the pick was made, that I DESPISED that they took Pickett.

Oh, now that EVERYONE can see that KP is HORRIFYINGLY bad, you're gonna go against your BS and go with the "hot hand". Eat it, sir. You're not fooling anyone.

BTW, I couldn't possibly care less what any Tomlin or Pickett supporters have to say on this issue. I don't care. I just don't care. Let me see if I can express how I feel about this...oh yeah, I don't give a s***!

• Like Like x 1