1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Munchak

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Sep 27, 2021.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wonder how Mike Munchak would have done with our current OL. Adrian Klemm seems like a real fire up guy but I don't think he has what it takes to make good OL. We need to hire a real OL coach. Is Art Shell still out there?

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Mike Munchak is having midly better success but it is not nearly as good as some make it out to be. Besides, I am not ruling out Klemm after one season; doubly so given he essentially has green horns to operate with combined with a retooled Offensive Line. Getting him some pieces will be key.

For that matter, expect this to happen come 2022; Free Agency and the draft as well. Seriously doubt this same group of five is the same starting lineup come the 2022 season opener.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There are two rookies starting. Chuks was moved to RT. No one has experience playing together. It's literally impossible to rate the OL coach right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    An argument can be made that the same should be said of Canada as well. His offenses rely on running, bootlegs, play action, and deep throws over the middle...none of which the 39 year old QB that Colbert and Rooney stuck him with can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The offence is completely broken right now and I’d agree that it’s difficult to assess coaches in such circumstances.

They are going to need to invest properly in the offensive line in the offseason, nothing is going to work on offence until they fix that problem. This experimental line made up of rookies and journeymen has been a complete and total disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I’m not sure any coach could help players that look like they were recruited at a grocery store parking lot.

7. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Colbert didnt have any say in that. Ben and Rooney negotiated his come back and Pay without Colbert. Colbert wasn't in the meeting. He was told to make it happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That won’t stop us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Link?

10. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
  11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    By all accounts Colbert was happy to move on from Ben. The team will never comment of course, but it was widely reported at the time. Rooney supposedly made the call to bring Ben back for another run.

I think a lot of us felt at the time that best case scenario with Ben was a mediocre season with the team spinning its wheels. Doesn’t even look like we will get that at this point with the offence being so bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1