1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Mitchell: We can beat the Patriots 'in Haiti or in Hell'

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerEmpire, Jan 10, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    all this talk about doing this for shazier and steelers being hungry really bares nothing at all. It's just a feel good story lol. Lots of teams "feel" that they will be in the superbowl and blah blah.

we can totally just be one and doned

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Dammit i never get the memo so.. the Steelers are playing NE interesting :shrug:

3. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Great points. If you want to get fired up about the Steelers chances, then go read that article. It's an inspiring piece.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No, I think he was talking about the Mitchell who jumps up and celebrates like he just made the tackle to win the Super Bowl AFTER a big run for a first down! :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think Smith started that game. I thought he was playing in their dime packages.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok... after thinking about it, I see what he’s doing. He’s trying to distract the Patriots from focusing on the Titans. Brilliant I say!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, context is everything. He also said this, for those of you who didnt read it:

“I still don’t sleep well, thinking about Tom Brady.” And, back in the hallway, he said that hadn’t changed. “I’d be lying now if I said otherwise,” he said. “Look, the Patriots are the benchmark. That’s the team we’re going to have to knock off if we want to win the Super Bowl.”

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    These comments don't bother me much. I think the mystique of the Cheats has diminished and I'm not worried about any bulletin board material. The current Steelers team is looking at this run with something more. Shazier, possibly Ben's last season, avenge the loss, JH's signing etc. Steelers have bigger things on their minds.

9. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I think after they do the super bowl in Minneapolis, the next one is in Antarctica..... THEN Hell. On the plus side, tickets may be less expensive. And Riveron should be closer by....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Mitchell is gonna talk, he better be ready for those Double Play-action trick-plays NE runs against us...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Er..... I’d settle for being in position on a ‘go’ route

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mitchell's mouth runs at the same % as his missed tackles %............100

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers aren't paying him 5 million a year to be fun, they need his sorry ass to make some plays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Joey Porter talked alot. And the Steelers went into Indy in 2004-2005 and spanked the Colts. Only reason why the Colts were even in that game was because the NFL doesn't know what a ****ing catch is still.

Joe

16. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I agree but Mitchell said that was after the Pats game and it was a 30 minute interview and that’s all the reported from it. He said they are thinking only of Jacksonville. That they need to right that wrong from earlier in the year. Although he does need to just keep his mouth shut until we beat them then talk all the crap you want!

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fournette will be looking to run over MM again. We need to have lots of people trying

gang tackle fournette. I expect 30 + carries for Mr. Fournette. I expect the Jags to make this into a

time of possession game.

18. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Too bad the game won't be in Haiti or Hell...

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    a mute one would even be better

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  22. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
  23. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Yes, we certainly can (and really already did) beat the Patriots.

Some of us forgot that we only beat the Ravens 2 times out of the last 11 meetings BEFORE this year - we swept them this year.

The Chiefs had our number a bit before this year also - we beat them also - right after they beat the Pats

So will we win the next 3 games ? Don't know. CAN we win the next 3 games ? Hell yes !!!

• Like Like x 1
  24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You mean the ones we ALWAYS FALL FOR???!!! :frustrated:

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us four hundred and thirty-eight times, SHAME ON US!!!:facepalm:

25. RSteelerz

RSteelerz Member

Dec 30, 2017

Umm, do you guys realize that these were comments made by an emotional Mitchell directly after a painful and controversial loss to New England last month?

He was on First things first with Chris Carter talking about this yesterday. He didn't just make these comments in the week leading up to the Jacksonville game.

I'm surprised that many of you fall for the tactics that these media writers do. Do you really think that SI is really trying to make this article about Shazier? If course not!

These sports writers look around the league and see what teams are jockeying for playoff position. They look at which contenders look to be the strongest as the season comes to a close.

Then what is the most intriguing matchup as the season comes to a close. SI says I know, Patriots/Steelers! They are playing for the top seed, Tomlin promised fireworks, very possible they can meet again!

SI made SURE they had writers present for this game, especially being that these 2 teams hate each other. The cherry on top for SI was that it ended in controversy. They knew they had to interview the Steelers right away. It makes a juicy playoff story which can be littered with fiery remarks.

You also have to know that an article that is written always takes place weeks before it is published. SI has made a very calculated move.

What has everyone been talking about the majority of the season? Steelers/Patriots! Now you cover a story in which you have a Steelers player saying they will beat the Patriots. With all that said, when do you release the story? January 9th!

Why January 9th? Because not only do you have a Steelers player stating that they will beat New England in a possible AFCCG matchup, but now you create an illusion that the Steelers are looking past an undetermined opponent that they will have to beat before they can even have a possible rematch with New England!

That undetermined opponent just so happens to turn out to be Jacksonville. It's a brilliant move by SI, but it is one that we all should see coming.

They killed 2 birds with one stone. Create bulletin board material for Jacksonville who was yet to be determined, then if the Steelers win, they set up bulletin board material for the Patriots, which was their main intent in interviewing the Steelers after a controversial game. Mission accomplished.

Don't think for one moment that SI tried to make this article about Ryan Shazier. They just used the Shazier narrative to mask their true intentions.