1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

mike adams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Inside information...share it with us...the rest of the world? You mean as in special "expert" knowledge? I don't think that the messaqe board wants to hear any more of your expert crap.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We should hand out gold medals for jumping to conclusions. Even on the old board, it was one of our favorite events. :)

3. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I'm sorry Coke where did shaner say he was en expert? It seems like you gave him that title and are now upset that he has it. I just don't think it's reasonable to assume that Adams has some sort of mental deficiency because he smoked pot. Schizophrenic? Sociopath? Where is this coming from? Don't you trust our front office at all? He met with the team and laid out exactly who he was and what he was willing to do. He is trying to make up for his mistake by doing right with his favorite team. I think he will fit in great and be a good player on our O-line for years to come. Maybe he doesn't. Maybe I'm wrong (Which I won't be afraid to admit because I'm wrong a lot). But let's at least give the kid the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his sanity.

4. ND_Steel

ND_Steel Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Does anyone have an opinion on how he actually plays??? I seen somewhere that said he's soft and not a hard worker. Anyone see him play on a regular basis? Is he a true LT...this is what we need! Don't want to see Gilbert on the left side, seems more comfortable at RT.

Kill the weed talk already...he's not running for president...

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The first thing I heard when they said he requested a 2nd sit down interview, was that his agent was the one who really initiated all this just to get him drafted higher.

I don't want to put the kid down, but he is going to need to earn everyone's respect.

6. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He didn't really have the discipline at OSU that he'll have here. I think this whole process and the fact that he knew he blew the chance to have his childhood dream come true by playing for the Steelers has been a VERY humbling experience for Adams. Getting a second chance to not only turn his life around but to also possibly fulfill his dream should keep him in line. He almost blew it once, ny guess is he wont let that happen again.

And yes, he's true LT talent. He has good foot work and technique (something that will improve at a professional level) and has great size. He's actually fairly quick for his size. I think with solid discipline and pro coaching the skies the limit for him.

7. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I believe he said he was injured, deep shoulder bruise from bowl game. He should have sat out but wanted to show everyone he wasn't afraid to play hurt.

8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :clapping: Holy cow...I am stunned at the overreaction on here!

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nah, just has to play some good football. He didn't kill anyone, didn't run over anyone, not robbing banks, not raping anyone, he smoked some joints, same as drinking as far as I'm concerned and no, I don't do pot. Tried it in my 20's and just made me tired, never did it again. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many kids who haven't tried some weed.

10. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not that it's required for every member of this board to express an opinion on the subject of this rookie and his "character issues". I hold back from speaking very frankly about this because it would become a firestorm and I don't see the upside to that. Careful conversational choices I feel are more appropriate.

That being said, I have to say that I am in the camp that this kid/guy deserves the opportunity to make good on his attempts to redeem his future and I am glad the organization took a good-hard-look and made the decision they made for a number of reasons. There seem to be some real over reactions and just plain unfair judgements here. Was it VERY ill-advised what he did, not once but twice as well as a couple of other things..yes. No doubt. Is age and excuse, not exactly. But it does explain a lot and makes sense. The kid sure seems remorseful enough to take extra steps to rectify it and the organization we all praise as smart and the class of professional sports feels he's worthy of this opportunity after meeting with him. I'll trust them on that a root for him personally and professionally with our team.

I'm not going to get into the weed legalization thing or if it's a big deal or not. But, I will say that drinking under age is illegal as well and I would bet a fraction of 1% of the population hasn't had some drinks under age (or more) and to me, alcohol has FAR MORE negative statistics that go along with it's inebriation and that is never discussed as a bad judgement and a character flaw of college athletes. In other words, if we didn't draft kids who got drunk in college and were part of something stupid we wouldn't have a sport to watch.

It's a matter of degrees here and if someone has an issue with pot I'd be curious of their take on alcohol abuse with NCAA students. Not only under age drinking, but to crazy excess, driving, date rapes etc....

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Mmhhm Mmhhm, this right here :this!:

12. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I almost spilled my beer all over my lap and car seat when I heard we drafted this punk!!!

13. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
  14. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I was around the when they did not draft Dan Marino and I always thought that the reason was because of his bad Knees (not drugs ) he sat out his Jr. year and did not play well as a senior. Back then if you had knee surgery's you were done for the most part.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but this was my thoughts. I do remember that Dan wanted to play for the Steelers.

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I would just add that we are talking about those which get caught. I am sure there are more on the team and in the NFL with skeletons or maybe even blaze up from time to time that dont get caught.

Bman

16. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You can almost guarantee it