1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

mike adams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Apr 27, 2012.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree,we got the 2nd. or 3rd. best OT in the draft for a low salary because he smoked Pot and got caught.....As I stated in the other thread 70 % of this NFL draft have done the same thing or similar......He just got caught....

Now if he can learn when to smoke and how to get clean when needed he will be just fine...I am sure the Vets on the Team can help him in this regard.....

2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Please people, what is the problem. Listen, were you ever young? Did you do anything that was stupit, immuture? Probably most of us did. I know I did, but the older I got the smarter I got and didn't do any of those stupid things I did when I was young anymore. Infact, in my early 20's, I stopped doing those stupid things that would get me in trouble. I learned my lesson early. I knew that if I wanted to be successful in life, I couldn't take the chance!

Now in Adams situation, this is an eye opening situation for him. One that he knows was stupid and could have cost him his dream in life. Now he has a second chance because he was smart. He went to the Rooney's and amitted his mistake and let them come up with the stipulations that would get him back into the door. Now the Ball Is Back In His Court, What is He Going To Do, Dribble Or Shoot?

I bet he shoots! He will get it right because the picture has been painted for him. From his parents to his Agent, to the Steelers brass. He knows he can't mess up again. What he did probably happened after the bowl game that he played in, partying with his teammates. He probably thought it would be out of his system by combine time. Well he was wrong and now he knows it. If he hadn't came to the Steelers brass and talked with them about it, who knows what would have happened. I know for sure he wouldn't have been drafted by the Steelers in the second round.

He is lucky, life has not dealt him a serious blow. He can now persue his life's dream in the NFL as a Pittsburgh Steeler.

3. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I assume that you assume that I'm assuming.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If he truly wants to be a Pgh Steeler, this young man needs an immediate attitude adjustment.
    I think as with most of our OL other than Pouncey/Decastro, he will dissappoint.
    Bad pick Steelers. He has laziness/entitlement written all over him. Sort of like his former
    QB at Ohio State,Tyrelle Pryor.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If he felt entitled he wouldn't have requested a meeting with the Steelers so he could beg them to take him and make all kinds of promises/stipulations. A guy who feels entitled doesn't do that stuff. The kid has been humbled by this whole thing. Some of you are too hard on a guy that really hasn't been a bad kid if you compare him to all of society.

6. Coke Oven

Jan 2, 2012
    I agree. That laziness/entitlement is hard to eradicate. What's worse, it could spread to others.

7. Coke Oven

Jan 2, 2012
    A guy who feels entitled absolutely will do that stuff. I've seen this behavior before. They're borderline sociopathic and will say anything to justify themselves, without any intentions or capability of keeping their word.

8. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

So he was a guy who smoked some pot and now he's a sociopath? SMDH

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Folks I am not remotley talking about the dope smoking, I am talking about
    from a very young age this very gifted and talented young man has probably had everything
    given to him. (See Tyrelle Pryor) Didn't need to work, he had God given talent, and obviously he did not, he is 350lb and bench presses 19 reps. For an OL this is unacceptable. He will find out this
    is not college ball we are talking about, where with no work ethic he could dominate most players
    he came up against. This will not happen in the pros. For Steelers fans sake I hope I am terribly wrong

10. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    You've seen this behaviour before when? Where have you seen it before? What do you do for a living? I work in the most violent jail in Canada and am surrounded by complete sociopaths and psychopaths. I'm also surrounded by people who feel entitled to everything. People who feel entitled don't make concessions, why would they, they already feel entitled?

So again, what makes you an expert on sociopaths?

11. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    You just described 95% of pro athletes. They all had everything given to them for a big chunk of their lives. Until athletes get into the NFL, the world caters to them. That doesn't just describe Mike Adams, that describes all top high school and college athletes.

What makes this guy so much worse than other athletes who have been pampered through high school and college?

12. Coke Oven

Jan 2, 2012
    Like all experts, you think that only experts know what's going on. I've seen plenty of MD's who were absolute dunderheads, but they were experts. You one of those?

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Wow what a frickin joke dude smoked some pot boo frickin hoo. some of you are going way way overboard.

14. Colssteel

Colssteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love that this has turned into the equivilant of an internet shoving match. :frustrated: What's next? My dad can beat up your dad? :shrug:

Seriously - let' all be patient. The kid screwed up. What he does from here forward is what is important. I am sure that Colbert, Tomlin and Coach Kugler have taken into account that they will need to do a little polishing with this diamond they found.

15. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Like all experts, you think that only experts know what's going on. I've seen plenty of MD's who were absolute dunderheads, but they were experts. You one of those?[/quote:1gmdqtti]

I'm just saying, you're calling this guy a sociopath because he smoked pot and then lied about it to cover his ass. You know nothing about this guy other than what you've read in the tabloids. Call him immature or something of that sort, but a sociopath and entitled?

16. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. If he was perfect, he would have went in the 1st round. We got him in the 2nd because there are some concerns, but if you look at the bigger picture, his off field issues aren't exactly life altering events. He smoked pot, he didn't sell heroin or commit rape. I'm much more concerned with his on-field play than I am with any off-field issues that may continue to affect him. I'm sure his off-field issues are behind him.

17. Coke Oven

Jan 2, 2012
    You don't know what I know and you don't know what I think and you don't know what my motivation is. But you pompously act as if you do. That qualifies you as an expert. You may notice that I don't get upset because someone has a different opinion than I do. But, expert that you are, you do.

18. skline00

skline00 New Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Give this young man a chance.
    a, He had an agent smart enough to put him in a car alone to meet with the organization and promise to do what the Steelers want. He "manned up"!
    b. Perhaps Joe Greene can be his mentor - I'm 61 and Joe had a chip on his shoulder till he found himself.
    c. He's a Farrell kid who doesn't want to screw up in front of his hometown NFL team.
    d. He's going to be on a line with Maurkice Pouncey all pro center, Marcus Gilbert, who I think will blossom this year, David DeCastro ( Alan Faneca II), He will NOT be the top dog and will have to step it up.

Let's remember he's what? 22. Give him a chance to grow up.

I think it's a great pick with little downside and a HUGE upside.

19. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not upset at all. I respect you have a different opinion, but calling a guy a sociopath is a little much. If you know something the rest of the world doesn't, by all means, share it with us. If you have some inside information that leads you to believe he is a sociopath and entitled, then I'm sure this entire message board would love to hear it, after all he is potentially our future LT.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This advice is far too sensible to be listened to! ;)

I thought some of the stuff getting thrown at Mike Wallace was uncalled for, building up entire character assessments and knowledge of how he will play in future seasons based on very little. It seems like that's just the tip of the iceberg for what some of you want to bring up with Adams...

And as a side note - I've noticed that some people are bringing up Holmes and the fact that he got shipped out etc. Yes - and you know, I'm sure the Steelers are aware that that happened. I'm sure that was part of their appraisal of whether Adams was the right pick or not.

21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We get the extremes and everything in between on the MB which is so cool to help inform our own opinions. I admit that I'm a little concerned that Adams can keep his nose clean. But to come to the conclusion that he is schizo? Well that just seems a little extreme. And I agree that if someone here possesses some special info that isn't widely known that has helped inform his opinion, he should share. And if this info is not fact based then we can take it for what its worth. I was critical of the pick, but I'm inclined to give the kid a chance and assume positive intent. It is a new start for the young man and I'm cheering for the guy. I've been fortunate to have been given new start in my life and my God is a God of forgiveness and second chances. I wish him well and hope he turns into a stud LT to protect our QB's blind side for the next 10 years.

22. Colssteel

Colssteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, logic seems to go out the window on this board at times.

As to the Holmes thing: I look at it differently than others. I guess it comes down to...would you do it all over again? I mean, would you select Holmes, knowing he was going to help deliver you a Superbowl then screw up later and be dealt? My answer is, yes, I would. We got our value out of him then replaced him with Wallace when he screwed up. I would do it all over again. :thumbsup:

That's why I am happy about picking Mike Adams. :towel:

BTW...Good screen name. I used to love ol' Yancey.

23. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Holmes got busted then in the off season tweeted wake and bake this kid to accountability for what he did there's the big difference

24. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Holmes was disruptive in the locker room too. Not nearly as much as he has been with the Jets, but he wasn't a positive influence in the room.

25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :hello: