1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Might catch a break this week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Chiefs' offense is a tough matchup for the Steelers' defense. They thrive on misdirection that gets players out of position, which has been the Steelers' big problem this year. How often do we see two or three defenders in the backfield, but the runner slips by all of them?

That said, the Steelers did beat pretty much the same Chiefs team twice last year. Yes, they have Hunt now and that makes a difference, but they could be missing Kelce and they will be without Conley and both safeties.

Roethlisberger is right. It really comes down to him. He has to play better. Sure, getting Gilbert back is huge, too, but Roethlisberger has to play better for Pittsburgh to have a shot against any good team.

2. Patrick Horrell

Patrick Horrell New Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Hope I don't regret all the money I spent on tickets to the game this weekend in KC. And the weather looks like it's going to suck.

3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Injuries don't matter, Reid will plug in some backups who will play like starters and just keep on rolling.......

5. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    kcjerk.0.gif [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I hadn't seen that one before, but Kelce has demonstrated his asshattery on other occasions, including his boorish, whiny responses after the loss in the playoffs last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't think it's going to matter based on what they gave up rushing last week. If the Kelce is out, Hunt will set a new rookie rushing record against them this week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Hopefully last week was a wake up call for our offense. I think our D played pretty well all things considered and I haven't had any real complaints about STs this year.
    Ben was right though, he has to play better. Without him stepping up we're toast no matter who we play.

I honestly couldn't care less who's healthy or not in KC. It's good decision making, execution and no turnovers we need, not others not being able to play on the other team.

9. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    LOVE your avatar!!!

10. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    "Roethlisberger is right. It really comes down to him. He has to play better. Sure, getting Gilbert back is huge, too, but Roethlisberger has to play better for Pittsburgh to have a shot against any good team."

True, so true, has always been true. If Ben plays like an elite franchise QB, we win. If Ben plays like a timid, lost and confused backup QB,
    we lose. Can't really remember the last game that we lost when Ben played good. Can anyone? Ben is too inconsistent and has been this way for years. He better score some points cause KC is going to score a bucket full. Hopefully we don't too embarrassed on this nationally televised game.

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's a punk and is becoming my public enemy number one in the NFL. Give me Heath Miller any day. (Like Ben, I've got to get my Heath Miller plugs in on occasion, lol.)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I think you nailed it. #7 is the straw that stirs the drink. Not being able to avoid a pass rush and inaccuracy is killing the Steelers. Along with
    the offensive play calling.

13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015