1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Midseason: Which Steelers will be going to the probowl?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Nov 2, 2011.

1. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    So, midseason...
    So far, who do you think is going to be voted to the Probowl?
    Let's keep in mind there can still be letdowns by stars, and great performaces by players not considered right now on probowl talk.

But as far as right now, since fans, coaches & media get a vote, my guess is:
    By fans: Polamalu, Woodley, Wallace
    By Coaches & Media: Ben, Wallace, Kiesel, Woodley, Taylor

IMO, the ones that should be in the talk: Ben, Wallace, Kiesel, Woodley, Ike Taylor, Sepulveda

Polamalu is underperforming, Harrison injured and Pouncey not at last year's level. That's why I believe they will not be in the talk, unless they make a lights out 2nd half of the season

Who else do you see in the Probowl talk?

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The Pro-bowl is almost always more about reputation and past performance than it is about who has done very well THIS season.

That said, Troy is probably a lock. Ben should go. Mike Wallace might go. Maybe Pouncey.

Woodley will go so long as he doesn't miss too many games. Ike SHOULD go. But without fancy INT stats, he'll get overlooked.

3. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed! Troy will go, Ben most likely, and Mike Wallace should probably get a spot as well. Ike deserves to go, but wont be voted in by fans, possibly the coaches. Pouncey has a good chance just because of the reputation he has from last season. Heath deserves to go for just his effort alone, but because he's not Tony Gonzalez, Gates or Tom Brady's TE's then he wont. Woodley should have a spot as well.

But....Hopefully none of them get to play in the game! :dancing:

4. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Wallace has turned enough heads and if he keeps it up he has a really good chance of going this year. (I mean getting voted in, but hopefully not going due to having an upcoming game!)

Troy doesn't have any stats on his side yet this year....should be a good indication how much reputation does for you.

My guess is Ben and Wallace on Offense and Woodley on D. Ike deserves it, but as stated before does not have the fancy stats to make his game glaring enough to the world.

5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    None, they'll be getting ready for the superbowl!

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    damn you, ya stole my funny :club:

7. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I've found how to create a poll for it! Thanks Mod for this useful tool!
    Here's the poll:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=335