1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mewelde Moore signs with the Colts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jftwist, Jun 19, 2012.

1. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
  2. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Hmmm. Will Indy become the Steelers Midwest(TM)? We should take bets to see who signs Steelers cast offs first, Zona or Indy.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  4. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well I thought he was a good check off when Ben was running for his life hope we have someone to replace him

6. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I guess the Colts are starting a "steelers northeast". Arizona already has the west on lock.

7. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Good luck MM. he was a great backup for us. he didn't get as many plays last year but he several them into big clutch plays

He would still be here but for the youth movement at the RB position

He was a very good FA signing

8. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I loved him on this team. When they say "I'll do what ever the team needs me to do" he was the epitome of that sentiment. I wish him only the best. He was clutch and nearly single handedly won my first game at Heinz field in relief of Mendy when Ray Ray smashed him on a monday nighter. I have his back for eternity for that one.

But I think he's runnin on fumes now and our youth program was the right direction.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea, good luck to memo. i liked him. he played well for us. :cool:

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I share the sentiment of most here...I always liked the guy...he did whatever was asked of him...and was a solid/dependable player...and stepped in when needed and carried the load. Best wishes to him.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!:

12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Memo was... A STEELER! enough said!

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!:

He was also a very good special teams player while he was here, when it was asked of him. Hope he does well in Indy.

14. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Good pick up for Arians. This addition will lock up 20% of his playbook. He's probably begging Ward to unretire so that the Bubble screen will lock up another 20%.

15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
  16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Moore is getting up there but he'll be good at teaching the younger player Arians' offense.

17. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thank you Colts!!! I guess this problem was fixed when BA left but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy we won't see anymore Mewelde Moore draw plays on 3rd and 15!

I like him as a player however I just hated how BA used him wish him well.

18. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Not sure I understand this at all.

19. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You must not have been watching if you never saw BA do a HB draw to Mewelde on 3rd and long at least 25 times last season.

20. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Hardly Mewelde's fault. No play call was ever his fault. You seem to know this. You put blame on Mewelde, then acknowledge that he had nothing to do with it and it was BA's fault, but then assign blame to him again. That's what I don't get. Why even bring it up? We all know he was great at what he did, but not great at other things. When asked to do what he was good at, he did well, and misused, he did the best he could.

A draw on 3rd and 15 is pretty much a give-up play; trying to save field position for a field goal or punt. If you don't like that, you're totally entitled. I don't like it in many circumstances either, although it's okay sometimes. But who the RB is is almost immaterial, since it's such a long shot. I'm sure you'd hate it virtually just as much if it was Mendenhall or Redman, both of whom would likely not get the yardage needed. That said, Moore was not a bad choice for this, and often overachieved, getting more than he should have. I just don't understand your post.

FYI, Moore had 22 runs last year and a 7.1 yard average. I don't know off-hand how many were from the shotgun (maybe half?), or how many were on 3rd and long. But I'm guessing it's single digits. Possibly even less than 5.