1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mewelde Moore... Just get rid of him already...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Scrap, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Is this guy REALLY worth a roster spot? I just feel like his presence causes Mendy or Isaac to not see the ball on 3rd downs when they can most likely most stuff happen. It seems like too many of BA's bad plays are designed around this guy and I am just sick of the draws called in HORRIBLE situations and the screens.

I get that Mewelde has come through for us on multiple occasions but I can't think of any recently and he just doesn't offer anything the other backs don't offer. Also if he was let go I think Jonathan Dwyer would see ALOT more playing time and we could really see what he has to offer.

It really isn't so much about Mewelde himself to be honest its just what BA does and will always do because of him and its obvious BA isn't going anywhere... does anyone else even slighty agree with me?

2. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He must have something on Tomlin or BA. He is a favorite. Just like BA has some favorite plays regardless of the situation at the time.

3. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I just dont understand why he is around he should have been gone long ago.

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He made a mistake last night, but he has helped us win games. The real need is to replace the main ball carrier

5. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So you are saying Mendy should be gone before Moore? No way Mendy is way more talented than Moore. I'm not saying Mendy is the best running back in the league but if you are talking talent alone Mendy has him beat hands down. Moore has no reason to be on this team we have redman has our 3rd down back and he is better than Moore.

6. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Mendy has a habit of fumbling also ____last years Super Bowl cost us a Championship possibly.

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    personally I dont see why there is so much hate for Mewelde. He is a decent third down back plus he tries to get ever yard similar to redman.

Bman

8. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    BA will not get rid of him. He sees something we all don't. REDMAN needs more touches. That is a given. Mende runs soft alot. He did play better as the game went on but our offense was just horrible last night.

9. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If I have to watch one more game where Rashard runs up, grabs the ball, then stops to dance 3 steps before picking up 2 yards, I am going to scream.

10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, to be honest , I am pretty comfortable with Moore on the field. I really would like to see Redman out there alot more. Mendy should run to the outside and Redman up the middle. Moore is the screen back to me.

11. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He always seems to come up in the clutch, he has a nose for the first down line and plays with an intensity. also a solid pass blocker. Last night was his first major mistake in recent memory..

12. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That's on the Oline, Mendy produces something out of nothing

13. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no problem with Memo.. He certainly has usefulness on 3rd down. My question is why he was on the field in the redzone on an early down? It makes no sense to me.

14. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    this times 10

15. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't get why he was in there on a 2nd down in a goal-to-go situation either...made no sense. I think Moore is pretty solid and I know Tomlin loves him from when they were in Minnesota together. I can forgive him for last night because he usually makes some plays for us.

Wallace should have caught the TD on first down and Moore's fumble never should have happened.

16. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think Moore has done a great job for us, but I don't think he's on the team if Baron Batch was not on IR. I think our backfield next year is Mendy, Redman, Dwyer, Batch.

17. jeepman-of-steel

jeepman-of-steel New Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Mewelde Moore is a classy football player. He was headed for the endzone on that play and had a fumble. That was his first miscue in a long, long time. This guy is a clutch player and that's why he is on the roster.

18. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    his mistake last night was hard to swallow but he has made some nice plays for us