1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

message from a chiefs fan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lersgofor7, Jan 10, 2012.

1. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Your boys were banged up, banged up, banged up. Really, I'm thinking far more than MT and the team were letting on. Big Ben, tough as nails, was a sitting duck in the pocket. He couldn't move, and I could tell (as a former QB) that it hurt Ben every time he put weight on that ankle.

It bugs me that so much credit was given to Tebow, when the upshot is that the Steelers plowed through the season in an ironman division, and got chewed up in the process. Tebow DID NOT FACE a healthy Steelers defense OR offense.

I know it hurts, dude. Believe me, I feel Chiefs pain--no playoff win since 1994. But I watched that whole game, grinding my teeth at the Broncos (no dis' to Broncos fans--I'm a CHIEFS homey), and could only admire the way a beaten-up Steelers team fought when they were crippled.

Head up high, brother. Your Steel Town Crew is still one of the absolute class organizations of the NFL. They WILL be back. All of us who are fans of other teams know it. The Steelers will ALWAYS be in the hunt.

Fire up Madden, go to your team, and file through the roster. Salute 'em. They fought.

2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    So true. We still lost, but all is not bleak.

3. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Very cool, and very truthful.

Good stuff.

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Wow. Thanks to the Chiefs fan who sent that. :thumbsup:

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hopefully we'll get our revenge on Tebow if he's still the QB next season. :broncossuck:

6. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why did the Chifs hire Romeo Crennel? What he did in Cleveland? You should be very dissappointed.

8. lersgofor7

Dec 6, 2011

Clearly this wa a copy and paste.....the chiefs fan didnt actually post here.....

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Personally - I think it's a good hire. Romeo was handicapped by having to coach a horrible team. He had no weapons, no support, a stinky - terrible city, classless fans, and a media that knows NOTHING about football. Look at Belicheck. He left Cleveland and is now recognized as one of the leagues best coaches. I'm not saying Romeo will reach that level - but he is certainly worth taking the chance. The players love him and he has an excellent defensive mind.

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    It's nice to see the perspective from another fan. One of your points hit home. We will NEVER really know just how bad injuries were. I know that every team has them and every player wants to play through them - but the severity I'm sure is something that is kept in-house - where it should be. Our expectations are based on limited knowledge of what is going on behind closed doors, and so it hurts more when our team - which we felt should have been much better - can't get it done. I love the fact that MT, coaches and players are all on the same page and don't make excuses for injuries. It makes me feel like every time out there, they are going to leave it all on the field for me - the fan. Looking forward to another competitive season in 2012. The best thing about being a Steelers fan is that we're ALWAYS in the conversation. It is rare that the Steelers are an afterthought.

11. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What has anyone else done in cleveland over the last 10 years ? That place sucks all the life out of anyone who ends up there ;)

12. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Good post ,,i like it :thumbs_up:

As far as Romeo ,,i think its a good hire too,,Good thing nobody gave that Belichick guy another shot after his flop in Cleveland ,,oh wait never mind

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Belichick sucked in Cleveland too, so has everyone else. KC started playing better the second Crennel took over.

14. lersgofor7

Dec 6, 2011
    good thing that belichek guy had a guy named marsha ...i mean tom brady

15. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    he beat the packers.....thats good enough for me...if I was a chiefs fan

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    A friend of mine who is a Dolphins fan pretty much has the same view. I think he thinks I'm greedy for expecting a deep postseason run each year...

17. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's a neat perspective, thanks for sharing that!