1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Message Boards

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steeltradition83, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This isn't really Steelers related but it is Pittsburgh related.
    Does anyone else check in on the Penguins message board? The reason I was asking is because these two boards are completely different. As Steeler fans around here we pretty much all stick together, of course we do rag on each other but above all we pretty much stick together as Steeler fans. On the Pens board I don't think that really is the case, they are pretty rough on each other and it doesn't really seem like a group of Pens fan. There is nothing wrong with the Pens board as I do post there every once in a while but I just wanted to throw that out there to see if anyone else felt the same.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Been a Pens fan almost as long as I've been a Steelers fan, but rarely check their message board. Not as much to comment on I guess, but maybe they feel the same way about us. Wonder how many members here also camp on the Pens board regularly?

4. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I read the Pens board but don't post. I am a huge hockey fan and love the sport. Any yes, there is a lot of devisiveness there.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Me too, though I haven't been along for a while. There seemed to be a lot of simmering rivalries that made a lot of the discussions basically impenetrable.

There were, I think, points on the old Steelers board where there were some bad vibes (after we won one of the superbowls, I seem to recall in particular) but in general not like the Pens one.

6. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah if you jump into a thread anywhere after about page 3 or 4 it is all just bickering back and forth, other than the game day threads that is