1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Merry Xmas and a Happy Two Seed!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Dec 25, 2011.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Merry Christmas, Steeler nation.

Just some playoff thoughts. I like the Steelers chances of grabbing the #2 seed, and as I stated in another thread, that might be advantageous. Why?

Assume these are the seeds, if Cincy beats Baltimore next week (and I think they will):

1. New England
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Houston
    4. Denver or Oakland (doesn't matter)
    5. Baltimore
    6. Cincinnati

Assuming the Ravens dispose of the #4 seed, this will get VERY interesting if Houston then manages to hold off Cincinnati. Think about that scenario for a moment. This means Baltimore goes to New England and Houston comes to Pittsburgh.

I'd hate to be in New England's shoes, if this indeed happens.

2. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Look how pretty we would be sitting if we coulda won either the 49ers or the home game against the Ratbirds .

3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I know the Ravens are inconsistent but they are finding ways to win. I don't see them losing to the BanGals.

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the bungles gave them a game in baltimore without aj green , they are not so good on the road and they are banged up , it's a 50 -50 for me

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think the bengals win 27-21

6. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope we get a #2 seed? We need to take care of our own business,Then hope like hell the Bungles win.

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes I can see this as a win for the Bengals. In fact I cannot see how they lose.

Bengals all the way

Bman

8. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I like your scenario very much. Several things to consider. The Ravens will beat the number 4 seed whoever they are. We owe Houston, and with their crrent condition and the fact that they play in a dome, it will be an easy game for the Steelers. The AFC championship game will be in Pittsburgh, Ravens vs us!!!

9. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Hope so! That would be SWEET AS HELL.

10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I can definitely see this happening. Easily.

Buuuuut, the Steelers better take care of the Clowns this weekend. No slip-ups.

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed on taking care of the Clowns.
    To me, this is not the "gimme", that most on here seem to think it is.
    And as much as I would like to see Cincy beat ther Cravens, even knowing they pretty much need the win to make the playoffs, I just have a hard time believing they will pull it off.
    What blows my mind, is that it is even possible for 3 outta 4 teams in the AFC North, to all be in the playoffs!
    Not too big on where to check out stats, but has that ever happend before?
    Since we went to 4 team divisions, I just find it hard to believe that 3/4 of a single division, ever made the playoffs in the same year...
    And of course, the Clowns would be the only team in our division, not to make the dance...
    Would love to point that out to all their fans here in Oh High Oh!!! ;)

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think it has.

But, the Bungs aren't that bad of a football team, and (given the OPs scenario) I think they've got a shot to go into Houston and win. And the Ravens should easily win in Den/Oak. You'd then have a situation where 3 of the 4 teams left in the playoffs would be from one division. IDK if thats happened before.