1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mendy's gone next year, and he did piss players off with the stunt.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    When were you at Parris Island? And Yep, I dared Ha

2. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Who wants a player like Mendy anyway ? I don't think any coach should tolerate this crybaby crap, especially when its consistant. No way hes in a Steeler uniform next season

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He can go play for Arizona like all ex steelers do.

4. Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    doubt Whiz and Grimm will be there to take him in

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Here we go... exactly what basis do we have for saying this is "crybaby crap"? No team spirit? Perhaps. He didn't show up for a game when he was meant to. What else? But crybaby? Let's see...
    Has he refused to play?
    Has he gone on twitter to denounce his head coach?
    Has he gone on his radio show to have a go at people calling out his bad performances?
    Has he moaned about his offensive line squeezing him to hard when they celebrate a touchdown?

I'm not even that a big supporter of Mendenhall, but every time his actions are deliberately interpreted in emasculating, infantilising terms, for no other reason than the fact that he's Mendenhall, it just riles me.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That was a very British post for sure. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I could definitely tell that you were from the UK in that one. It's funny how certain areas have certain ways of saying things to express anger. Here you could tell northern anger because they would say something like "GET OWDA HE-UH" or a southerner by "DAD BLAME IT"! Or a Midwester as "OH GEEZ"! When you said the phrase "have a go at people" I knew right then you were angry British style. Then you said "infantilising" which also gave it away because Americans can never be angry in such eloquent terms. LOL. You'd be lucky to get most people in this country to say that when they're calm!

7. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012
    other than being on the wrong side of 30 I am hard pressed to find anything wrong with Jacobs if using what we have on the current roster as the measuring stick ....

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

Mendy is in the dog house and he did skip a game, the baby stuff may be accurate.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Haha, I'm also quite pretentious, so I won't claim to represent my entire people.

But moaning is our national sport, so we do like to make sure people are doing it right!

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i've been a mendy supporter. i'm not blaming him for the running game stinking. it's tough getting demoted from being the starter. especially after rehabbing a knee. he has done alot of good for this team, but part of that is being a team player. if i remember right mendy had trouble in college with his head coach. he's a talented young kid, but there is more to it then just being talented. you have to fit. i'm not sure he does now. he may have burnt to many bridges. we will need a feature back to replace him. power is fine but we need some speed too. there's not a huge field of real good RB's in this draft. the scouts will have there work cut out. we need a workhorse with power and speed as a replacement to mendy.:cool:

11. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Oops

12. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Missing practice, babbling nonsense on twitter, and missing games. Besides, do you honestly think he missed the San Diego game for any other reason than acting like an angry little child because his daddy (Tomlin) gave him a spanking. Everybody in their right mind knows that Mendy missed that game because he was angry ...and not for any other reason. Let the record show, that I have deliberately interpreted Mendys actions as fact.

I think words like emasculating & infantilising are a bit of an over reaction. Calling somebody a crybaby may not be the best use of words for SUCH A MAN as Mendy but I think most folks got the point.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Mendy is sort of a weirdo, however I can't help to think that he could of helped us as a third down back,(swing passes passes out of the backfield). I think he our best back for this and better at it than Redman and Drwyer.

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    68 but not as a recruit. i went the defense contractor route. Saw alot of camp lejeune . was there for the filming of Movin on episode too.

15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    sources say the team and he are in communication about his NEXT contract ????

16. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012

I do not have intimate knowledge of the talks however with only 35 men under contract for 2013 and already a great deal over the 2013 cap , lots of cuts, renegotiation's , and a full rookie class to sign I doubt its anything more than an effort to drive up his value so we can obtain a higher round comp selection via him signing with someone like the Colts .... but I could be wrong