1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mendenhall says he’s healing ‘wonderfully’

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not much here, it's expected he'll start the season on the PUP. One interesting point was where it says Redman will start the season if Mendy isn't able to go Sept 9th. I would think that would be an impossibility after sustaining the kind of injury it did :hmmm:

If I was on twitter, I'd post his tweet, maybe youd like to TTF. Here's the link in the meantime...

http://triblive.com/sports/2202840-85/m ... -knee-maas

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Good news. I know some people love Redman and want to see Redman success and Mendenhall fail, but Mendy is clearly our most explosive and talented RB. With an improved Oline and a renewed focus on using the RB`s in the passing game, Mendy is going to have a big year, provided his knee ever gets to 100% this season. Mendenhall was a 1st round pick for a reason, and lets not forget the huge season he had for us just a couple years ago.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sure thing-
    [​IMG]
    This is from last month, but he seems to have the right mind for making a quick recovery.~
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/06/18/three-a ... -pup-list/

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats key, how long before that thing is 100%? Tough injury for any athlete to come back from, especially a RB. And I agree, would have loved to see what Mendy could have down in this new offense. I am excited to see what Red can bring though, I think he can be very effective.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It's nice to see Mendenhall can now think before typing on Twitter.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    good news but like TE said , thats a tough injury for a RB and we may not know if it's completely healed even after he's back playing. it could take a year. :cool:

7. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

hahaha well said

8. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    People need to give Rashard a break...

I agree with his first thought that it was a little strange to me that so many people were celebrating a person's death. Going into the conspiracy theories about what happened with 9/11 can be seen as insensitive, yes... but if he wants to think that who are we to judge him for that. I think athletes should probably keep those sorts of things to themselves being in the public's eye, but I'm not going to crucify him because I disagree with him.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm a big fan of players showing their individual characters in sport. With that comes the acceptance that you can't then place limits on how "individual" they're going to be, however unsavoury. I do find it odd - not inexplicable, just odd - how some players' off-field activities fans are happy to ignore, and others can't be separated from them. But this is probably opening a can of worms not worth opening!

Anyway - from a team perspective - this is excellent news. This coming season is going to be all about the range of weapons we have, and the sharper those weapons are the better!

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I personally love the Steelers depth at RB, When Mendy comes
    back and gets in the groove he will just add to the dynamics of that position.
    He can take it to the house, only Rainey has that ability and I am interested in how
    Todd Haley will use the rookie.

11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Why the hate for mendy he average a 1000 yards over his three starting seasons in a passing offense behind a weak oline. Also when we needed him when ben wasnt there he showed up why becuase it was the gameplan. Some like to blame the super bowl lose on him and that just plain stupid. That one hangs on the entire team. There are about a 1000 if this didnt happen we win in that game. I like mendy and think he is a good back and when used right he is a very good back.