1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mendenhall named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Oct 19, 2011.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Grats to Mendy. Well deserved. It was nice to see him running hard.

Keep it up. :thumbsup:

3. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I just find it funny how prior to the Jags game, all the Redman fans were screaming for him to start, but this week it's crickets..... ;)

4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mendy should've dived the last few yards, I think he would've gotten in on that long run.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sweet! It was nice (and overdue) to see him have some bust out runs. I've never really thought Redman should be starter...at least not yet. But he's been a greatly underutilized weapon. He's a beast who fights for every inch. :thumbsup:

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I never wanted Redman to start last week but I most certainly thought Mendy deserved another chance to show what he could do. So I was thinking about a personnel change as well if he did not perform against the Jags.

Sometimes we dont have alot of patience and give up on guys way too soon.

Bman

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    They say the same thing about Chris Hoke when Hampton's out, but then they disappear as soon as he comes back. I don't know why someone who's performed as consistently dominant as Casey has been is also consistently called out as someone who should be replaced.

Mendenhall's an elite talent, and they call to cut him as soon as he has some bad games -- games in which even they admit there were no holes to run through and no blocking to be found... they just didn't like the way he got no yards.

For the record, I'm a Redman supporter and I want him and Dwyer to get at least a combined 10 touches per game. But all the stuff about Mendenhall's bah-log-nah.