1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mendenhall comments. Whet a brain!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Becareful. Youre using logic and reason around steeler fans.

Beware

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think he would intentionally fumble but he showed he doesn't care about the team and if his head isn't in the game, if he doesn't care about the result of the game, it could be a problem. Doesn't mean he would behave or feel that way but unfortunately he opened that can of worms by showing no respect to his teammates. I believe we can afford to sit Mendy because I disagree with you about Dwyer, both he and Redman showed they can get the job done. The only advantage I see that Mendy has over the other two is he is better at catching the ball out of the backfield, but how many times are they going to do that? Mendy isn't going to magically make holes appear in the line, he would have absolutely no more success then Dywer, less even because while Dwyer just plows ahead, Mendy will shift around looking for a hole to appear that never does. Dywer had 8 carries last week, what was he supposed to do, they didn't give up on the running game because of him, they gave up on it because the line is playing horrible.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Mendenhall said about his reasons for not attending the game. "There's a lot of thought that goes into everything that I do."

I have no doubt he puts a lot of thought into everything he does. Clearly, he is not capable of sound logical thought.

Since Bin Laden was brought into this equation, I'll note he put a lot of thought into what he did. How did that turn out?

4. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    he had back to back 100 yard games than they stopped giving him the ball. well actually he got hurt and then Redman had a 100 yard game. im ot saying Redman or Dwyer are the greatest backs in the league, but lets be honest, neither one of them has had the opprotunity to cary the ball 20 plus times week in and week out, but when they have they produced.

5. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The proof is in the pudding. Their numbers aren't there. Mendenhall's are. :lolol:

6. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
  7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course it is, it always has been. Haley has talked openly about how excited he is to work with Mendy. He says he's a big fan of Mendy's skill set. Tomlin is the reason Mendy isn't playing. Tomlin is also the reason Plax has barely played despite the fact that he's looked good and he brings a dimension to our offence that our other WR's can't.

8. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Hmmm... I wonder what that's all about?

9. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree with the people backing Mendenhall in this thread. He's by far the most talented back we have. He just needs to be more mentally strong and quit fumbling the ball. 3 fumbles after just 34 carries isn't going to put him in anyone's favor.

I'm hoping he shows up the next couple of games and in the playoffs if they make it. I'd like to see him back next year instead of Redman. Mendenhall at "full capacity" + Dwyer + Rainey is quite a backfield. Without Mendenhall, though, they may need to consider drafting at the position soon.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The whole RB situation this season has been bad. Way too many injuries to get 1 guy established as the Starter. The O-line has been a mess when it comes to the running game. I love that Tomlin is holding guys accountable for mistakes, but he has been very inconsistant when it comes to the RB's vs. Other positions. I think Mendy is the Best back on the team, but Dwyer is pretty good too, maybe not an every down guy though. Redman, Blah.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The shame of it is, before season started I was confident taht this was one position where we couldn't fail, because we had so much depth. Pride before a fall...