1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mel Kiper mock draft (Steelers)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 17, 2012.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    1st rd Donta Hightower
    2nd Kelechi Osemele Iowa State guard
    3 rd Alameda Ta'Amu Washington nosetackle
    I would be happy if it played out this way addressing three areas of need Ta'Amu is a load 6'3 and 340lbs.

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I like... but I'm not sure Ta'Amu makes it to our 2nd pick, let alone third. Make it Chapman instead and I'm happy and that seems more realistic

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Going to agree. We come out of the first two days with ILB (Keuchly or Hightower), Guard (Silotulu, Osemele, Brooks, Zietler {Mosley too}) and NT (Ta'amu or Chapman) and I'll consider the draft a success.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ta'Amu seems to be a popular pick, I think he might be alittle overhyped. Maybe its just me?

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd consider it a success too, and would be very happy going into Saturday.

I think he's built for a 4-3 DT position, rather than a 3-4 NT. He's very disruptive on tape, and would be comfortable selecting him, but Im not sure if that disruptiveness translates to the selfish space-eater we require our NT's to be.

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed. Hightower - Osemele - Chapman and the beers are on me.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    My money is still on us going OL first, maybe first and second. I think we only take an ILB early if one falls in our laps. I still wouldn't be upset with getting Hightower, mind.

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Being from Iowa I can tell you Osemele is a load, and I mean that in the best way possible! Of course, we all get corn-fed here so, basically, we are a very rotund state and look like weeble-wobbles when we walk. It is why we created ethanol here...we are so large that it takes a big SUV to carry us and, consequently, more gas to get us around. I used a full tank going from the couch to the fridge yesterday!

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    For the people who want the Steelers to draft Josh Chapman isn't he coming off a knee injury, we already have one nosetackle coming off a knee injury Hampton. I don't see the Steelers drafting him.

10. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    True. But we also wouldn't need him for a year; plenty of time for that knee to heal up and to add some NFL bulk/strength, much like Hampton did. The only pick we make this year that would possibly see significant playing time would be a kicker, punter or OL. Even if we draft Hightower I think he rides the pines most of the year in favor of Foote.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    And that's probably the only reason we'll have a chance to draft him in the 2nd or 3rd. He'd probably be high 2nd material without it. But he's super tough. He played through most of the season with the injury, and played well. And as GB said, we won't need to rush him. He'd be a pick for the future, not right away like an OG would be. He could take his time, maybe even PUP if necessary, just to make sure he's 100%.

I think he's exactly the kind of guy we'd take, but possibly not until the 3rd. And I'm not sure he makes it that far.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hightower,Osemele,ta'amu or chapman would be really really exciting!! And then we still have 4th-7thX4...wow

13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So our 4th pick do we go back to oline or db?

14. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    we can use more help on the oline..a tackle would be nice

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    rumor reiff is falling in the 20

16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    1. LB Dont'a Hightower
    2. NT Alameda Ta-amu
    3. OG Brandon Brooks

although, like above, I could very much live with 1. Hightower, 2. Osemele, 3. Chapman

17. burghboy27

burghboy27 New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I love the way hightower plays. He has steel curtain written all over his game. however, that being said I think we take Poe in the 1st round he's listed as a DT but he can play the nose. I think Hightower is the better player but a good nose is hard to come by with so many 4-3 schemes at the college level. There are big linebackers every year but I have to reluctantly say Poe

18. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I could live with this.