1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

MEGA MILLIONS

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by NY STEELERFAN, Oct 23, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Can't believe nobody is talking about this, good luck Steelers Nation and if I hit this site is on my list.......

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Don't waste your money. I already have the winning ticket. ;)

This is way past what I call "critical mass money." Hell, even half of the lump sum after taxes is way past it. What I mean by that is that even playing it ultra safe, that amount of money would accrue more interest than you could spend - so long as you don't spend like an a-hole. Sure, get a few new toys. Sure, get that dream home. Sure, take that dream vacation every now and then. And by all means, give to your favorite causes. But other than that, your lifestyle shouldn't change all that much. Your expenditures will be higher maintaining a bigger house, etc. But they should still be within reason. And your children, and grandchildren should be set once you're gone (well, while you're alive too. You know what I mean). That means more to me than living like a king.

Good luck. The odds are obscene, so don't go blowing too much money tossing your hat in the ring. Your odds don't improve enough buying multiple tickets. Don't spend a paycheck chasing the prize.

The funny odds line I saw yesterday was the odds of winning BOTH Mega Millions and Powerball back to back: 1 in 88 QUADRILLION. In other words, only slightly less likely than the Bengals and Browns ever winning the Superbowl.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I bought a ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  4. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    If i played and won my life would be altered, cause i hate parasites and prison. :butcher:

• Like Like x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    We must have the same numbers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Damn and all this time I have been telling people I have the winning ticket I will even go as far as to tell you the winning numbers 11-12-26-43-55 15!!!!!! Don't go playing these cause I am already sharing with 13 other co workers....soon to be ex co workers....lol!

I don't usually play as a matter of fact today is my first mega ticket of this jackpot and I have played powerball just once so far. I am caught up in the craze I know it is a pipe dream but it makes the day go by when you talk about what your gonna do with the money. So far I am buying a house in NJ, NY and NC.....all with landing strips for my private jet.......................:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    On your list to do what NY? Blow it up? Rub it in our tiny faces? Purchase it and send TTF to a life of luxury? Buy the Steelers and force them to use this as their official message board? Lots of options facing you when you hit pay dirt. Just curious though, when is the next drawing? How long has it gone uncollected to build to this level? I could justify a big ticket purchase because I haven't contributed a nickle to build it up.

Edit - whoops just checked 1 hour 15 minutes to buy tix. - See ya!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

If I hit TTF would get whatever he needs from me to cover this site and his time, that's what I meant. This is a great site and if I won it would be on my list of things to spend my money on......

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK - so is TTF on his way to Fiji right now? I grabbed 20 tix and didn't even score one of the picked numbers in any row. I heard there is at least one winning ticket so far. Dang, just when it was getting exciting.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

One winner.......ONE EFFIN WINNER AND IT WASN'T ME........oh well off to work!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm beginning to see why perhaps you didn't win. Just saying........? Not sure my excuse. Winners never seem to emerge from large clean super markets where I got my tix with no lines or wait - always some dingy little Ma/Pa liquor store on the wrong side of the tracks where locals were lined up around the block beating each other up trying to get in under the wire.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Thats insane. 1 person. Hope she/he takes the annual payment. Their life is never going to be the same. Everyone with a hand is going to be sticking it in their pocket.

Plenty of stories about lotto destroying lives and couple of extreme cases of actually being killed over it.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Guess I don't follow you why I didn't win...........

As for buying tickets, I work in the "wrong" side of town and bought $94 worth of tickets at ma/pa gas stations and that didn't work............

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011

Someone once said, he who laughs last...didn't get it. :lolol: I'm sure you'll score one of these days :thumbs_up: