1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Me and wife started a cleaning business

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Steelpens65, May 21, 2023.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Are you kidding? This is California. You’re not allowed to fire someone without offering years of counseling first

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jean74

Jean74 Member

Jan 1, 2022
    Hope it works out for you. So much work and really a lot of hard work that is an understatement and beyond. To make it successful. Good luck and hope it is an success. Maybe have a franchise?!

• Like Like x 2
  3. hollymolly

hollymolly Member

Oct 15, 2022
    Good luck with the business! I recently embarked on an exciting journey - starting my own flower business! I knew that building a strong online presence was crucial for success. That's when i discovered Rank Engine SEO services https://rankengine.com/. With their expertise, we optimized our website, making it easier for potential customers to find us on search engines. Thanks to Rank Engine's top-notch SEO strategies, our cleaning business is now flourishing, and we're excited about the future!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I just saw this and you are right about the money. Now, about those taxes. I live in a over 55 park which has a ton of over 75 people. Most were upper middle class so some $$ in our pockets. We use a great guy to power wash and at least 4 cleaning services come into park. These helpers have one simple rule and we all have no problem with it. CASH!!!!! I do small time tax returns just for something to do. The husband (power washer) and wife (cleaner) use me. Their gross income on return, 17,000. What they actually made, probably around 60-70. I know for a fact a ton of workers in my area do it. We had 5 additions in our lifetime and the builders gave us big breaks when we offered cash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Love your avatar. I rarely come to this section of board but I sure notice a lot of names that never visit the real reason for this site: The Pittsburgh Steelers:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Sidebar for you cleaners. I live in a vacation town. Lot of cleaners busting ass for the turn key places. My 75 years old sister got bored and went back to cleaning:) When the girl she is helping gives her money she doesn't take it. She sure doesn't need it and only cleans for something to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Update time…. Finished our second month with 3K profit. Starting our 3 month, hired new woman , who started today. My wife said she did great! Hopefully we can hire a few more and get some commercial jobs. In the meantime we will keep grinding like our beloved Steelers!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Good luck to you also!

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm glad for You, and Your family. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Thanks… still a long way to go!

• Like Like x 1
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Whoa nelly, you are going at this like a rushing bull!!!!! I assumed you would be like my hide from IRS friends but they would never go as deep as I hope you achieve. Once in a blue moon they will get a helper but that person has to take the $$$ under the table. Commercial jobs mean true and honest paperwork. Amazing money in that and as I tell my hide from IRS friends it is better to be legal to a point for when your old and gray that self employment tax on the IRS form is your future Social Security.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Im only 8 yrs away from the old n gray social security.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I am going to assume and hope you had other jobs to aid you come SS time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Yes, plus have a pretty good 401 that is trying to still make me some money. We will be good, just trying to make my wifes dream come true.
    We only have 1 life to live so im nearing the end , so I’m trying new ventures.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Good luck! I have to laugh a bit at your "nearing the end" comment. I'm guessing I am about 10 years older then you and my wife use to get so PO'd at me when I would say, "I'm in the late innings in life" and I was in my late 50's. She likes to remind me that I golf with men in their 80's.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Business update. We just finished our 4 month in the cleaning business. Just landed a major apartment complex. It has 70 plus units!
    Property manager is also going to give me referral to 2 other apartment complexes.
    Hardest part that still remains is hiring people. For those who are still interested ill keep you updated on this journey! Go Steelers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I promise I'm happy for you. As long as You post about it I will read it. :thumbs_up:
    PS
    A buddy of Mine that I told You about that did offices....said watch for Your help. Apparently He got into some ordeal over one of His workers stealing from the clients.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Dude we just landed apartment complexes, 4 different properties. About employees, right now we only have a few. We are trying to build up our bank account before we get too many employees.
    Did a 3k sq ft house Thursday racked in $460 for the day! Cleaning is some hard work, but there is money to be made if my body holds up ! Lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Man, that's how i got a smorgasbord of pills back in the day. Some people just keep refilling their script and they forget or don't finish the month or months before yet get sealed bottles over n over n over
    I felt i was doing a good thing cleaning (updating) their supply.

Skittles didn't have sh*t on my bag.

20. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Heck yeah keep us updated. Happy to hear it's arrow up.

• Winner Winner x 1