1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

McLendon !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Edson Cardona, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Edson Cardona

Edson Cardona Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Cards: 73 rushing yards, Mclendon 4 tackles 1 assisted.
    Nice job.

2. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah i gotta admit when i heard Hoke was out i was a bit worried bit McClendon was solid

3. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :this: He's looking pretty good.Hope he keeps it up. GO STEELERS!!

4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Excellent day !!! Very active up and down the line and blowing up plays in the backfield..... :thumbsup:

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'll admit he looked good today, maybe we don't need to draft a guy after all???

Its the Cards though, so I'm not sure if it made him look better than he is, but maybe when Hampton comes back Hampton is the back up to Steven?

6. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    McLendon - good!
    Ziggy - bad! I've been watching him closely the past few games and I'm shocked at how often he gets manhandled. More often than not he gets pushed way off the line and usually ends up on his arse. He looks more like a 3rd string sumo wrestler that gets pushed out of the ring. Anybody else thinks he's looking weak out there?

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Its possibe...Cards have good guards...its their tackles that are weak.

I remember Ziggy had a good playoff run last year, and did Mendy.

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My thoughts exactly. He did a fine job today for sure.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I wouldn't go that far.

But I will admit, having seen McClendon as little more than ternacious camp fodder before, I was genuinely impressed with his play yesterday.

I thought Ziggy did ok - there were spaces opening up for the LBs to rush Kolb on several occasions.

10. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Pretty impressed with McLendon I must say. Beat my expectations of him for sure.

11. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ziggy is doing what he is supposed to do -- occupy the linemen, just like Aaron did for so long. If you are expecting alot of sacks from him you will be disappointed.

12. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    You can tell Ziggy is doing a great job based on Woodly's performance the last few weeks.
    I just joined the board. I'm a longtime lurker of the "other" board who never get on. Glad this board was started.

13. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I understand the purpose of the down linemen in our 3 - 4 defense and I didn't say "hey, where's all ziggy's sacks?" I doubt his purpose out there is to get pushed back 3 to 4 yards on nearly every play and get thrown on his arse. If you single him out and watch him, that's what's been happening. He looks like the weakest 300 pounder I've ever seen and shouldn't be getting thrown around routinely. It's tough to be a run stuffer or clear a path for our linebackers if you're flat on your back. And yes, Woodley had a monster game but it was in spite of ziggy not because of him, in my opinion.