1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

McDonald looks disinterested?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Vance looked pretty good last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fixed it for you :thumbs_up:

3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mac daddyo.

Good Research Mac. I admit that I for one have been "b----ing" for over a month now that Vance has not been targeted that much this year. It was more based more on "perception". I admit I am guilty of not doing any research.

It just seems that he has not been targeted all that much this year or maybe when he has been there have been no "explosive" plays. Once again, perception on my part. Maybe my perception is how he was more involved last year if that is fair to say. Okay then, I will ***** about Vannett (smile & laugh). Good Stuff Mac!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he has been the only rb to play every game.:cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Blast Furnace.

No, I think they are good Blast. Not exceptional but good. It is just how they are being utilized which is the problem IMO. They should be doing a lot "check-down" work. I am not seeing that. That can be a young QBs best friend. If this team wants to get into the playoffs then the TEs are going to have to be a more intricate part of the game planning. That falls on the coaching staff.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I also think the more our wrs get used with duck the more the tes will get less coverage. Duck is going to the sides more so baby steps as coverage underneath starts to open up. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mac daddyo.

As I have stated numerous times here. When we can finally get the "Formidable 3" WR-Set on the field at the same time we are going to be pretty good. I was watching some JuJu highlights yesterday day on YouTube. He is really good for going up and fighting for the ball. Washington also brings that to the table and is starting to emerge as a top-notch receiver as well. Then of course there is D. Johnson who had a "Break Out" party last game. lets hope it continues. These three, whether you want to get into labels as True #1, #2, etc. it really does not matter. They each are starting to gel as they find their chemistry with Duck and the team as a whole.

Now, throw in some effective TE play and RB play and IMO think we have a real good "O". The O-Line seems to be adjusting to becoming more effective at running the ball as well. Another positive I have is a biased towards Whyte. I really like the guy. Specifically, for that 10.5/100 meter speed. This comes from a track coach and that is blazing!

Now the biggest issue is the QB. It just depends on his performance. just mange the game and take your glorified shots when they present themselves. No dumb mistakes, such as taking unnecessary sacks. Just throw the ball away when in doubt. He does not have to perform Ben-Like heroics. Live to see the next down. Take care Mac.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

Agreed. I have pushed the team concept since preseason. Even when Ben was here playing. We needed to spread the ball around because they can't cover them all. We have actually finally started doing just that with good results. I think duck made this more possible then mason did. We don't know if Ben will buy into it yet. These numbers are showing they can play it this way and be effective. No 1s. No overused rb. No big time playmaker, just team concept. Not as many highlight reel moments but winning. Every phase doing their job. That equals winning ball. Picking up some unexpected talent along the way also helps our drafting next year. Now we have to keep vannett, Cain and whyte. These are guys that can provide a lot of bang for the buck. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mac daddyo.

Good Stuff this morning my friend! Well, they say football is the "Ultimate" Team sport. 11 players working in unison. So true. I really do not like labels (part of that is being a teacher). As it applies here, I really could care less about a True #1 this or that. Just find the end zone and more important the "W".

One of the greatest Team moments for our guys, that I watched yesterday on YouTube, was James Harrison's 100 yard pick for a TD in Super Bowl XLIII. Everyone was working for that one common goal to get JH into the end zone as time had expired. If he did not make it we cannot even attempt a FG. It was all or nothing. 99 yards was not going to cut it. Now, that was the epitome of Team.