1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mccoy on bell's contract

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by blake duerden, Aug 10, 2017.

1. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Just read an article from sportsnet and should just be ignored. Ofcourse mccoy would take bells new contract offer. He aint quite Bell though and he should just keep his mouth shut haha. Bell will show up soon and make a statement this year. Cant wait for the season to kickoff!! Ball out!

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Shady is a very quality back that can do everything as Le'veon one of the top backs
    in the league that has no where near the supporting personnel that Le'veon has. Get into camp Le'veon
    don't listen to the advice you have been listening too. Steelers will not negotiate unless you come into camp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I love McCoy and he probably should have earned more money earlier in his career. He was as dynamic as anyone for a long stretch.

As for Bell, as a fan I want him in camp and ready to go, obviously.

However, it may semester like Bell is coming off as greedy, but I think he is trying to make an overall statement regarding the pay of RBs.

RBs, outside of a QB, is still the most important position of an offense. They have alot of responsibilities. Run, pass, decoy, block....

RBs salaries have stagnated over the past decade while that of WRs have soared.

The recent deal signed by Freeman did RBs no favors. A great deal for the Falcons though.

Ultimately Bell will be back for game 1, but don't be surprised to see more RBs playing hardball to get their salary range back up. They deserve it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    RB's like Bell definitely deserve it. Im so sick of the other things he brings to the table getting ignored. Best all around back in the league. Period.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Easily. I had a moron, fantasy football loving kid, at work tell me that Todd Gurley was better. I laughed right in his face and he was like "well I really don't keep up with the NFL because I like the NBA better..." If ever Tomlin was needed it was in that exact moment because I promise you his response would have been "Obviously".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1