1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe people should cut Pressley Harvin some slack

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 21, 2021.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    There goes my stock in Bazooka Bubble Gum. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You should call My folks they seen me get booed while I played multiple sports.
    Might be why they stopped going. LoL. :shrug:

It is sad thing if You put everything We know now together, but people boo people in sports all the time. It's what happens.
    I remember Kickboxing, and If I didn't have 2 fight for a couple of fights....I'd go out and watch My buddies fight. It use 2 piss Me off 2 hear people say things like ....Hell I could do better, what's that guy thinking, or why doesn't He do this, or that....., but I came 2 the realization that was part of it. So.....
    While Your getting beat on You don't really hear it as much....more of a droning sound with a few things you can make out here,and there. LoL.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The guy stated his opinion and then went on to argue with anybody who opposed his opinion. That’s Kinda the definition of debating. What the heck is this world coming to

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    See if I'm his dad, I'm telling him to keep working on getting better. You know when your kids aren't performing well. It hurts, but you know they need that little kick in the butt to get it in gear.

There's no way his dad is sitting there telling himself those were good punts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, we're acting like he was the only one getting booed.

That offense was getting booed as well!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I know the idea of signing Urban Meyer isn't very popular right now... but no one else is as passionate about motivating special teams players. Maybe Urban could kick some sense into Harvin as an assistant?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    OH HELL NO!

You want him to be a tone setter in the locker room and bring accountability?!

9. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    If Urban doesn't manage to establish a culture of accountability at least the players we are maddest at will be sore. Win win?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Here's Tomlin on Harvin:

Tomlin is ok with where Harvin is. “He and we smile in the face of adversity and we send him out there . . . We’re committed to him,” Tomlin said.

11. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    It's his rookie season...... As Jamar chase pointed out during his preseason struggles in Cincinnati, the NFL ball is slightly larger than the college ball and takes some getting used to..... Jordan berry had the same issues coming in and made steady improvement every yr..... Bottom line is that Harvin is having a better rookie yr than berry did, and we need to look for his improvements next season......... He will be alright

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m not surprised to see a rookie struggling with consistency, even setting aside what he’s going through in his personal life. He’s shown us glimpses of his potential, and I am inclined to be patient and give him a chance to work through things and develop comfort and consistency. If he’s still having issues next year, then I think it’s time to consider other options. I expect him to be a good punter next season.

• Like Like x 4
  13. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    His dad passed away this morning

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At the dinky little western desert high school my wife graduated from, the principal didn’t let the kids boo the other team or anyone else. She taught me that. Although, I do groan at shanked punts, etc, and it probably sounds the same.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wow. Wish I had gone 2 that school. :thumbs_up:

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not making this up.

This town is in the middle of the desert. It had a chief of police, a police officer and a K9, the K9 is technically an officer. The police chief was fired for not making his alimony payments. The other officer, by town rules, was temporarily promoted to chief. He was promptly fired for something else. The dog, a German shepherd, the only officer remaining, by law, was promoted to chief of police.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :roflmao:

18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sounds like the town really went to the dogs

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2