1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maurkice Pouncey accused of assault

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jul 12, 2014.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was kicked off just for having no rhythm.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed. I don't think he's really done anything wrong, so it's hard to complain, but... sometimes the situation you find yourself in is a choice. He has to be better at making friends and going places. Even if you don't do anything wrong, if you make the wrong friends, you can get into trouble. I think this incident, even if he's 100% innocent, is good enough reason for the Steelers to sit down with him and say, "This is the last time we are hearing about you in trouble."

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think so it looks like peace signs and Texas hook em sign. Taking your shirt off in a club makes you look ilke a d-bag IMO.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's talking about the paraplegic hand sign and the front guy with two fingers pressed together.

5. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    the front guy is doing it wrong

he must have meant the

two in the pink
    one in the ..

oh never mind

I look at the photo and I can see how it was just "A POSE"
    probably complete innocence

like snack said tho
    don't be in the situation where stories pop up and you are the easiest person to recognize and remember being present

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think the story is over yet. miami pouncey was already known for his part in the bullying case. i wouldn't be suprised if there was some tick of truth to it. i read they don't have the statements yet from the two alleged victims, so i'm hesitant to think this is over and done with and that the pouncey brothers may not be implemented in it. just not implimented yet. i think more to come is where this stands. that's a damn shame too. so close to camp without incident. we just didn't need this at this point in this year.:facepalm::cool:

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think part of tye reason they haven't gave statements yet is Maurkice's lawyer said he had nothing to do with it and any further allegations Will result in legal action from Pouncey.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/0...-accusations-false-tuesday-evening-statement/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/0...-waiting-on-statements-from-pouncey-accusers/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/07/victims-alleged-nightclub-attack-expected-sue-pouncey-brothers/
    now a 3rd person is involved as an alleged victim. as i said, i don't think it's over yet.:cool:

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I've had the impression over the years that the Pouncey brothers aren't exactly model citizens. But that doesn't make them guilty. I'll let the police sort it out and judge after.

That said...

If the allegations are true. If Maurkice threw the first punch. If the Pouncey brothers attacked this guy who's not even half their size, obviously not a fighter, and WITH the help of 4 bouncers too. And IF all this little dude got as a result was a minor bruise and a chipped tooth???

Cut him. Now. He's obviously too soft to play for this team. ;)

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Sounds to me that they are rehearsing their stories, they are each going to be interviewed separately, they are getting their stories straight.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    A person (people) spend(s) a lot of time and energy vowing to press charges, but then doesn't go to the police to make a statement? Sounds a little fishy.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that is the first i've heard of a 3rd person involved. why no statements to the police yet from these people? i hate this right before camp. we have so many young players that need to develop early and this has to be a distraction for the team. i don't see how it couldn't be. grrrrr. it is what it is i guess.:cool:

13. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  14. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm sure most of this has to do with civil actions and dollar signs in the hands of the victims. I wish we could put our players in a bubble until they retire. I know they have to live and enjoy their success I just wish they would do it playing an xbox and not going out anywhere. This will probably all go away but it's a distraction for sure

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Think you mean implicated Mac

Bman

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    you have a point bus. thank you sir. anyway, i'd have sure liked us to go into camp without this distraction, one way or the other. pouncey has enough to worry about once the hitting starts with the knee and the new system. if he's going to threaten anyone, it should be DD to stay away from his legs. LOL:smiley1::cool:

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Man, this guy should stay away from Twitter. Whether he's telling the truth or not, he can't be accused of being intelligent. I can't really share the tweet here, but sheesh. His lawyer is going to have to be really good, or there is going to have to be video evidence for this to go very far IMO.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Alleged victim does not go to police.
    Alleged victim goes to personal injury attorney.
    Personal injury attorney holds news conference.
    This is nothing short of greed and extortion.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    jerome went through this in one of his last years. not a fight but a rape i believe. she was found to have done this in the past.

my concern is the fact that mike had been involved in the bullying case in miami. that surely doesn't help paint him as a model guy. the free henandez hats and he was told by the team to not appoligize if i remember right. i think steel pouncey made one at the time. anyone remember the details of that?

i know neither of these things make either of them guilty but it doesn't seem to point a rosey picture either, if it goes further. let's go to the tape as they say. i'm suprised the police didn't reveiw the film in an investigation at the time to put it to rest or not. i guess if these 3 didn't make a statement to police, it may be a non-issue. all of it seems fishy.:cool:

21. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I feel like with Jerome the laqyer and victim were related or something lile that.

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Your right and is it just me or should be nervous about Pouncey and his play in the Burgh.

Bman

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He's absolutely the last person I am worried about on the line. And trying to decide where to fit his next tattoo will be more of a distraction to him then the club incident.

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i definately see it different than that BF.

1. he was held out of certain drills in OTA's.
    2. he hasn't been involved with contact yet.
    3. he's still coming off of major knee surgery and rehab.
    4. he was just coming off surgery on both ankles.
    5. he's missed a year of playing with these guys.
    6. can he anchor well enough against big NT's?
    7. how well can he be on the move with bodies flying around those legs?
    8. 3rd new coach.
    9. where to put a new tat.
    10. club incident.

i'm not saying he won't or can't get back to a pro bowl level, just that he's got some things going against him right now. unknown stuff.:cool:

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm certainly going to hold off on making a judgment until a lot more facts surface. However, my gut tells me that this is nowhere near over, and can become a big distraction for him. What is concerning is that Mike has already been implicated as an antagonist in the Dolphin fiasco, and these are brothers who are very close, and by all accounts pretty similar. It wouldn't be a slight surprise to find out that there's a fair bit of fact to the allegations. Like I said, I'll withhold making a judgment, but I am pretty darned concerned.