1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Ryan wants out of Atlanta

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I honestly see no reason why we should not try to make a trade.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Ryan hasn't played particularly well for a while now. Sure, he would be better than Roethlisberger, but I wouldn't give up much, and the Steelers aren't likely to make that kind of move, anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I think he'd be a nice stop gap solution until we can draft the next franchise QB. It won't happen though.

Atlanta is probably going to want too much and Colbert isn't going to give away any more draft picks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Not saying that Ben isn't bad, but Brady is overthrowing a lot tonight and seems to have the same issues with slowing velocity, yet the announcers don't say anything.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Ben is showing he is done almost every time he steps on the field. And sadly we all know it won't be long until he gets injured for several weeks.

6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    If you're comparing him in the top 5, I agree. But in the top ten, he's consistent and listens to the coordinator. Almost every game has been 200+ yards and he holds the record for that. And for come back games. And for fastest to reach x amount of yards..... And he does it with the worse defense every year in Atlanta. Imagine what he do for our defense. And what our defense would do for him.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Assuredly though Brady will fix that for next game, that's the difference.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Matt Ryan is a part of the problem in Atlanta. He won't win us anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    He's cooked also

Need to bottom out, draft future qb, OL, CB, N DL ALONG w a new/QUALIFIED ol coach.......

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    You haven't looked at what the QB draftees are for next year, have you? Only one guy will be projected to go in the first.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ryan is in his mid thirties, and isn't mobile just like Ben, he would get killed with this OL too. Also I doubt it would work salary cap wise.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It would be a lateral move at best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Took the words right out of my head. Steelers either get Rodgers in the off-season or strike gold on a QB in the first round next year.

My only worry is Tomlin is not a good developer of talent. His scheming is medicore. And his teams aren't prepared every game throughout the year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I see Dan Snyder moving heaven and earth to get Rodgers and Ryan maybe going to Denver. Unless Denver is sold on Bridgewater.

Tomlin has never developed any player of note. The hope is he'll just leave on his own soon.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  15. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Rodgers ain't going to Washington. The appeal in Pittsburgh is they have talent and a great QB of Rodgers caliber would make them instant SB contenders. That receiving core and running back, it would work. Tomlin can coach when he has talent. Its when he doesn't have talent he screws up.

Tomlin isn't going anywhere unless he wants to leave. He loves being the Steelers coach.

Steelers will be in purgatory unless they get a legit franchise QB.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Rodgers would not make us a SB contender. This teams problems are many. The oline sucks, Juju will leave, so really our receiving corp gets thinner.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    These players got better in their careers while with the Steelers, but the HC didn't have anything to do with it?:facepalm:
    Minkah
    TJ
    Tuitt
    Heyward
    AB
    LeVeon
    Haden
    JuJu
    DeCastro

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    There's only one QB going in the first next year. And when I mentioned Rodgers, all I got in response from the board is no one likes him.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're wrong, there will be more than one QB go in the first round next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Because it's fantasy land. Rodgers isn't coming here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    That may be true, but IMO, Rodgers does make the Steelers a Super Bowl contender. This line will have a year to have gotten the kinks out/ work together, defense will be solid ( not sure Minkah status, though), Najee has shown promise. A quick strike, mobile QB could take this team places. I'm not saying it would happen, but who woulda thought Brady would go to Tampa Bay? Also, if Matty Ice does go to Denver, the Rooneys are Fools if they don't try to bring in Bridgwater. Look at his pre-injury time in Minnesota, and what he is doing in Denver, first year. He is a better armed, less of a runner than Lamar. Again, just my take.

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Well for Brady I think climate was a factor definitely. And you have to have an ownership that is willing to fully open the wallet. We don't have that here.

Bridgewater is an interesting idea no doubt.

23. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Agreed. Not sure about climate (Florida is nice), bit may have been just as much a players coach who is offensive minded (Arians).

Dude, I was a Bridgewater fan out of Louisville! That injury definitely hurt his stock, more than just physical! I really think he could lead the Steelers to another championship! But, as STD put it, you and I really have no idea about the inner workings of the Steelers. But I can dream....

24. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
  25. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    It's a better fantasy than thinking there's more than one QB that's protected to go in the first round.