1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Feiler

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 14, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think the Steelers should try and sign him to a contract extension, he's still young enough and can play two positions. After the 2020 season they will have three tackles become free agents, Banner, AV, and Feiler, if they try to sign him now it might be cheaper than once he becomes a free agent he's probably gone.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    From what Ramon Foster was saying the position switch if he moves inside to left guard would be less money than if he stays at RT. So they might be waiting to see how he does there so his price will be lower.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It’s risky letting him get to free agency after the season. A 28 year old that can give you solid play at Guard or Tackle will have a lot of suitors.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I have a feeling Feiler walks next year. He plays out of our price range. (We will take the comp pick).

In 2021

At guard we Grey and Dotson to compete step in.

At OT we will probably resign Banner as LT (has more experience as LT) and Okaford ( on contract) as our RT.

Next year in the draft we probably go OT early and often ( we are going to have plenty of picks).

Decastro mentioned something that this is AV's last year.

If that is true, our OL is going to get extremely young.

By my predictions ( age):

Banner (26)-Dotson (23)-Pouncey (+30)-Decastro(+30)-Okaford (23)

Okaford is same age as Dotson 23!

Note: Feiler is 28.

AVG age ~~27

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Depends on dotson, chuks and gray. They are the draft picks waiting in the wings. AVs money will go but pouncey and DD are still costing a lot. I'd love to keep Feiler and thought we should have signed him a couple of years ago.

As I was talking about in the young talent thread, we do have a couple of talented young guys we need to hide for a year or so until we get some money freed up from retirements. It's a shame we let one go because of these covid limits on players. They were saying good things about Christian montano but they had to dump a group of guys to get the numbers down. Right now they are bidding their time until the big two retire.

Left tackle will be critical to fill first. :cool:

6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Pouncey needs to go... Popcorn will go the route of Fat Ass Foster, and keep playing him ( could never bench him ) when his play is abysmal even at a low salary, Let alone what he makes!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    I see 3 red x / disagrees...Pouncey got manhandled pretty regularly last year ( idk if Foster ) contributed to that, and dare I say the WORST shotgun snapper in the whole league! Do you guys actually think he's still good?

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ll give you a green check mark to help balance things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Big E... Always got my back

10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I just added another green check to off balance it more towards AGREE, Pouncey has been slipping the last couple of years.

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Salary dictates starting. Pouncey is getting a bit long in the tooth, next season close to a 15 mill cap hit, 7.5 this season. it would be great to sign Feiler but alas the money is short.

12. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Ben states often, Pouncey too that " When he leaves I leave " If , Pouncey sucks again and Ben has this fountain of youth return that seems to be happening....If they cut Pouncey, You can bet Ben will change his time...*" See ya Pounce"!

13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Feiler is as good as gone unless he takes a hometown discount.... he has clearly outplayed his contract and the team is in salary cap hell..
    some team out there with a qb suffering from PTSD (Jets anyone???) will put out some ridiculous figure for his services