1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada is Holding Back the Steelers Offense- by Sharp Football Analysis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pczach, Oct 3, 2023.

1. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

It's common knowledge. Ben has said it himself publicly so I didn't have to have secret conversations with him or make it up like you seem to be implying.

Teammates have even gone beyond that and told stories of Ben drawing up plays in the dirt. Changing routes within plays. Changing the progression of receivers within plays. We already knew he called almost all the plays when in hurry up or no huddle. At least some of us did.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/11/b...he-wanted-to-call-his-own-plays-in-no-huddle/

Here's Ben saying he made up plays on the spot. Drew them up right there on the field against the Ravens.

https:bleacherreport.com/articles/2916116-ben-roethlisberger-says-he-made-up-steelers-playcalls-on-the-field-vs-ravens

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-01ep4p0y4141

I guess the real question is....How do you not know this?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    "Ben said" a lot of things over the years that I don't believe, some involve sworn testimony.:unsure:

3. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

So it clearly happened on the field. Sounds like coach-speak to save face. Or a lie by a coach to save face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't believe any of them.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Because in all My years of playing, watching, help coaching....I have never heard of a You have to throw it to this guy play call....the only thing close to that is a screen. You have different routes....there are places You are supposed to look at 1st...unless the D shows You something different in preseason, but never a just throw here only....it's ridiculous to even suggest this.

7. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Good for you.

8. Streetglyde

Streetglyde New Member

Oct 8, 2023
    More hot garbage ! This is terrible ,dink and dunk ,you have a 240 lb Running back with great hands and you run him into a wall, stretch the god damn field !!!! Pickett's play is awful completely reactive no timing with receiver corps players coming open and he is still holding the ball ,,offensive line needs to go forward not backwards every play ,this team looks lost no plan just reacting to defense pressure ,,this is awful

• Like Like x 1
  9. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    This offense is hard to watch. Thank goodness the Ravens wide receivers can't catch or they'd have won easily.

• Agree Agree x 1