1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada is Holding Back the Steelers Offense- by Sharp Football Analysis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pczach, Oct 3, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And the Qb has not a thing to do with it. LoL. Most will say.....in today's NFL You need a qb, but when our Qb is playing like $hit......it's everyone else's fault. LoL

2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Whatchoo talkin’ ‘bout, Willis?

Surfing today, it occurred to me what a tough read this forum would be for Pickett or anyone connected to him. Lots of blame.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm all for doing whatever helps us win....be that firing OCs, HCs, GMs, and whatever. All I'm trying to say it's its hard without a great QB (I've mentioned this on other post). A Reid has shown us, McVay(or is it McVey) has shown us, S. Payton has shown us, Bellicheat has shown us, and many other coaches have shown us.... it really hard to win anything of importance without a great Qb.....so do people actually believe if We changed everything KFP will be that Guy from everything we've seen???

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Let’s put him in the best position to succeed and find out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Kordell went through three different coordinators. I wonder if the Steelers will be as patient with Pickett.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Bingo!

Nobody here is close enough to the situation to know everything about Pickett and what his ceiling is. The team obviously has no idea. We don't know what the right system is for him, we only know that this current system hasn't been the right system for anyone that has ever played in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Those numbers are alarming. I’m all about the Steelers way of doing things on most situations. Canada‘s offense just doesn’t show any sustained improvement. it’s really sad that the organization has let it go on this long.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I completely agree, but a really bad offense can make a great QB look bad, too. At this point, I don't know that we have enough info how good anyone actually is b/c we haven't see what anyone can do with good O play and good O schemes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Nelson is not the first opposing defense who said the steelers offense is predictable

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    The data is their for all to see. I'm praying for a bye week miracle and Canada goes. But... that would surely mean we've su ked against the Ravens.

11. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    When the weather turns cold tickets tend to be up for sale

Toss in a stinky team and……..

Where I sit a lot of the seats are owned by businesses and this seems to get even more pronounced

It’s not like it was when I sat in peanut heaven at 3 Rivers with the same people around me for 31 seasons

• Like Like x 3
  13. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
  14. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Crap

One of Sunday’s announcers called a play as soon as the offense lined up

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not saying we are not unpredictable, but if You remember they were saying the same thing the year We went 11-0 .....and apparently We were so predictable they let us win 11 straight games. I believe Canada was just Qbs coach at the time.
    Again I want Him gone, and never wanted Him, but I see things with My own eyes, and don't listen to the Media, and a mob, and a bunch of players from other teams that want to see You fail. Just by going by the Media, and what they report....remember the media said back in the day Shanahan, and His father ruined RG3. The media said Ben was holding Canada back, the media said Nagy was holding Trubisky back, and so on.

18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    fluke can happen....

• Like Like x 1
  19. woofermazing

woofermazing Guest

I hate to defend the guy, I want him gone, but...

We have the highest paid defense in football by a big margin, and one of the lowest paid offenses in football. This team was built by Tomlin and management to win on defense. If they don't have a great game, it's always going to be a disaster. This is an organizational failure.

Realistically, what kind of offensive coach would choose the Steelers with this philosophical approach in todays game? Sounds like career suicide.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Most of our offense are on the rookie contract.They have many player who have been drafted in the first 2 round on offense since 2021....But yes,the defense is just awful too but our offense is so bad,that this is ignored by us that our defense is 30th in yards allowed

• Like Like x 2
  21. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    So what is your suggestion with 13 games left? At this point with this much ineptitude you begin to make changes. Are you convinced that if Canada is removed and perhaps even his QB coach he will still be terrible and will not improve. Otherwise it seems we are in the same circle of saying the same thing. I may be wrong but I think you are implying that changing the OC is a red herring? I don't know if that is the case but I know I don't want that guy as our OC because he has no proven track record of success running an NFL offense and neither Ben, Mitch or KP have been consistently successful with it. Too many former players are saying its too JV so I am going to give them the benefit of and remove him. Then we have the remaining games this year to see if KP can begin a positive trajectory, if not best to be adding another QB to the fold in the draft.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Do you believe in miracle?

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I remember Ben saying somethig like in his past offenses he had like 50 potential audibles for a given formation. He said with Canada he had 5. This is not a pro level offense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No . Canada should be gone, but I totally believe this is all a mental thing with KFP, and only KFP can fix this. We've seen it happen fast with other Qbs, CBs, and Kickers.... I don't know why them specifically, but Ive notice more by them....Sometimes they just lose that ,and they are never the same. What scares Me is people are correct when they say Canada has a HS offense.....the scary part is KFP is not seeing, and hitting some targets that a HS Qb could in this offense. Like I've said a billion times.....I totally expected KFP to come out ,and Hit , and see most of His open targets, and because of Canada's ineptitude it wouldn't be enough, but that's not what I'm seeing. That's all.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I just don’t believe in Fillipponi

• Winner Winner x 1