1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada FIRED

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    That used to drive me crazy, then again for the giant man he is, he was the worst QB sneaker ever I swear.

2. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I am hoping Faulkner and Sullivan have been going to Canada for months with plays and ideas, and he has been nixing them. Now they get their chance to show their stuff. I hope it is glorious and creative.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The hard part is we saw plays that Kenny supposedly wanted put in late last season and they seemed to be slants or variations of that in the middle of the hashes! Something is keeping his reads outside and afraid of him throwing middle, I don't think it's solely him though. Same thing this summer, he was throwing stuff in the middle , but you get in season and you don't.

Most of us said the same thing with Ben his last year as well. At this point your receivers are broken. They're not used to running a route and getting a ball when they're not along the sides or back shoulder. We're going to see more of not same page before it gets better at this point, because I feel they just started implementing the option routes based on coverage looks. It's painfully obvious that is something they've tried to implement the last couple of weeks and they aren't used to it.

4. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023
    You said for me to make sure I keep that same energy 7 games from now.

Here again you are in another post telling me to make sure I keep that same energy 7 games from now.

Do you understand it now?

You lie about not saying anything twice.

You are accusing me of making up conversations in my head.

You are pissed because you were wrong about Canada, so you insult me.

You are now accusing me of being another poster and say I might actually be him.

You don't like that my posts are long and informative.

You also told me to put the pipe down, but anyone can clearly see that you are the delusional one and the only person in this conversation that isn't coherent and is acting like a fool.

Try learning to form informational sentences that actually have meaning and make sense.

Is this post long enough for you SteelReal? Or do I need to shorten it in the hope that you can understand it?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    I don't see how Pickett could be feeling "under pressure". He can't do any worse. If he breaks away from all these check downs and sideline throws then we'll know it was the scheme.

I'll never believe someone that is a QB for all their adult life is afraid to throw the ball. I'm pulling for the guy. Got nothing else to do on Sundays.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    According to Tomlin, it was his choice and his choice alone...Bullsh*t. Havent read this whole thread but I am disappointed they didnt have somebody already chosen and ready. Promoting up will just bring the same ole crap.

7. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    The fact that you're offended that someone told you to keep the same energy 7 games from now is enough to tell me that youre a hyper oversensitive personality type. I thought you were going to mention posts of where you can show I supported Canada and say he wasn't part of the issue?? If you can't do that then shut the hell up trying to put words in people's mouths and just stick to the position you're taking. No one has said that Pickett was solely the problem on this board and I bet you can't find a post where someone said that either, but if it makes you feel better about being a delusional hyper sensitive crybaby that think he's won a victory today so be it. News flash: Canada's firing was a victory for everyone just not you.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yay! Now our collective breaths are baited further. Here’s to hoping for change of the positive variety.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't give Kenny a pass but how is he being coached on this?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz5CRyMub4i/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Looks like his 1 and 2 are left to right short RB, WR L-R then whatever is on the backside. If this is a play you're drawing up to get Pickens open, why wouldn't you start with him or have that be the second option, because by the time he comes back to it, he has Moore looking at a DL from behind and 3 guys in his face! You can say he missed him flashing and needs to be able to come off the read ang hit that, but how is he being coached?

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    It was a Tomlin decision

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you think potentially replacements are just sitting on a shelf at Walmart

I’m thinking potential replacements currently have jobs and are working on finishing their seasons

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Of course you don't, it was probably Tomlin's decision but he probably ran it by Art ll first.

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The situational play calling can improve something Canada wasn't good at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm not sure what you mean about how he's being coached? This has little or nothing to do with coaching. It's just a matter of him going through his progressions. I'm not even sure if the rb is part of the progression. Even if the rb is its a split second process since he is on the same side of the field as his first read. he still should have seen pickens flashing wide open right before his eyes and been able to make that pass with ease b4 any contact .

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No other way to do it. He can't just fire a guy that the owner is going to still have to pay.

It went down exactly like that. He probably already had discussions with the whole management team prior to this and they left it up to him to decide if it needed to be done in season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I'm not offended. You're a clown. Clowns that accuse me of being other people and doing drugs don't really concern me a whole lot.

Me a crybaby? :lolol:

Says the guy rage posting over essentially nothing and making wild accusations about me and acting like a little baby that can't get his way.

All these posts by you to me. You insult me, attack me, and I'm supposed to be looking up your posts?

Go away pest.

• Like Like x 2
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Absolutely

It’s not a dictatorship but a well run organization

Omar was also certainly brought into the conversation

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Hopefully no more 14 second drives when we need to burn the clock at the end of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Gosh, why did Dulac report it was Rooney? I feel this only happens to our team where we try to speculate if the coach really made the decision or if it was the owner?

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He's looking at the release of the WR first then the RB then he's flipping his head all the way to the right. I don't know why he's doing that and it may be that he's terrible, but it feels coached.

Again though as an NFL QB you have to be faster to see that and just rip it! Last year he seemed to be getting there, but this is clear regression. Of course, he did get married this year too...

22. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Right, the person that makes up false narratives has the audacity to call someone a clown. You should have blocked me by now Goldburg. Even if you're not him you're just like him so I feel pretty comfortable with my assessment.

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Dulac isn't exactly reliable for being correct.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I didnt think he flipped his head all the way to the right...i just think he's "slow" and not at all composed. I think its 1-2-3-4 left to right and his head moved that way. He didn't even get to 4 though he had already rolled out the pocket and they were on him. You may be right about the newlywed thing. I have wondered how much time he spends in the film room and how much extra time he puts into workouts because of it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

What makes you think it was Tomlins decision? Because he said so?.. He has been there 17 years and hasn't fired anyone yet .....Either way i'm glad Canada's gone but i take what Tomlin says with a grain of salt