1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mastodon New Album Out 2 Day

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by S.T.D, Oct 29, 2021.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Aw
    Yeah, they are local here in Knoxville. They came out with a new album called Kin and their last album Valley is good. It's pretty heavy and hard. The new album is a bit more "musical" shall we say.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will have 2 checkout the new stuff. All that I've heard by them is older...Well...at least 3 or more years old.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t, but I think I saw them at the Mayhem festival about a decade ago. Deathcore genre, right?

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not the stuff I've heard by them, but LoL. I honestly don't know what falls into Deathcore genre...So never mind. LoL

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They are very heavy. Phil's voice is low and guttural. Even if it's not your style, it takes talent, training, and effort to sing like he does. Sounds demonic when he sings.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I need to listen. I want to hear something new. New for me at least.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    In the same genre, anybody a Clutch fan? I've seen them 4 or 5 times. Best show was at Graffiti(used to be a great place for a show). And saw them at Metropol a couple times. Haven't been listening to anything new for awhile. Their first album changed my life. Kyuss is right there as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've seen them twice. Both with BLS. Elephant Riders,and Blast Tyrant are My favorite by them.

9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Both those are great albums. Spleen Merchant alone is worth buying Blast Tyrant.

After a jam night, about 3 or four of us bands were hanging in the parking lot on one of those magical fall nights. One guy get's in his car to leave and we all hear the beginning to Spacegrass. We yelled at him to turn it up. Fifteen to 20 guys speaking all the words and then everyone screams "JESUS ON THE DASHBOARD!" at the same time. Dude, it was one of those perfect, spontaneous moments that make life worth living. Just thought I'd share that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Feel free 2 share. :thumbs_up:
    So You play still???

11. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I haven't played drums in probably 10 years. I still pick up my Jazz bass once in awhile. Usually run through some exercises (run through the modes, some triad stacking) and by the time i'm done my left hands is cramping and my fingertips are shredded. Used to have some pretty respectable callouses. lol I still write. I use a VST called FL Studio. I have a few plugins I work with(Harmless, Massive, Nexus, Serum, and Battery for the drums). Used to do that much more as well. I'm getting lazy. Just seems like there's never enough time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hear you. I don't think I could ever stop. It's the only thing that keeps me equal. It's always been kind of therapy. LoL. Even though I haven't played in a band since the Pandemic crap. Still play everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    You have anything posted anywhere to listen to?

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah. Most of it is Unedited Instrumental with just me playing, and some Unedited of Me playing just one of the Guitars on songs I'm still in the middle of recording, but if You look in videos You will see poorly animated stuff. Those are whole songs.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC6sLpWITPalKDaZ_uqeKqrA

15. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Cool, I'll check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I love Kyusss!!! And I saw I think what was one of the last shows at Graffiti, which was Fantomas. And one of the best shows ive ever seen.

Was Graffiti the one that did the 80's night? Or was that the one in North Oakland?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2