1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Idk, he was letting the ball go awfully early.

2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    For all you Haters, and those of us who are still holding out hope he’ll be great someday, now is his test.....

Ben is out and he’s now getting the first team snaps in practice .......

If he plays this week vs The bungles he Better Ball Out!!!!!!

If not his days are truly numbered!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Mason Rudolph can beat the Bengals. The key is to let Mason be Mason. They cannot expect him to come in an only be a game manager without a good run game. He has more tools around him in the passing game than he did last year.

Rudolph versus Bengals 2019

Score: 27-3

Passing
    Completions/Attempts: 24/28
    Yards: 229
    TD's: 2
    INT's: 0

• Like Like x 1
  4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It also amazes me that he is being ridiculed for having no zip on the ball. Yet, early on he was being praised for having great "touch." You don't have great touch on a zipped ball.

5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If Mason is our starting QB this week, I'll be his biggest fan.

With Ben's knee needing some time to heal, it may be best if he doesn't play this week anyway. Many of us have terrible memories of Ben playing against San Fran when he was hurt. On the flip side, many of us were hurt watching Mason play against San Fran, so there's that too.

Regarding his days being numbered, I doubt he will get a second contract. Dobb's too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    We have a good team all around .... QB, oddly enough may be our weakest link.

Ben is still the man once he gets warmed up and in game mode, but his age and accuracy issues are telling, and should be on his last contract( 2020,2021). We need a viable replacement on the roster sooner than later, and this game IS Mason’s decision maker in my opinion. Hopefully with all the practice 1st team snaps and another year under his belt he’ll ball out. If not he won’t get a second contract .

Cajun

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If Ben is out, they lose Sunday. That’s not all on Mason either, we’re just banged up, haven’t been playing great football lately, 8-0, something is going to give.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    With Ben, no way is QB the weakest link.

With Danny Smith, no way is QB the weakest link.

With the running game, no way is QB the weakest link.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I get what you’re saying and can’t argue it. My point in the statement was We are built to win for the long term and Ben is NOT our long term answer and Most Likely neither is Mason.

Cajun

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't see the long term myself. Maybe 2 more years built to win, we will lose a lot of the current roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Agreed. Think they were heading there when they lost Shazier and that set them back. This window is very narrow, with a healthy Ben playing at this level and the players around him you always have a chance. The potential loss of FA's next year can be replaced, but what really comes into play is depth. The D's are so specialized now that a lot of low snap players get little notice until they are no longer there. With the Cap where its at this will really determine how well they can contend next year. Cincy and Cleve are always trying and honestly the Bengals can make great inroads with a good draft and FA acquisitions. I believe this is the most rounded Steeler team in years, at their best they can go with anyone, just need to put 60 mins together in all phases of the game in that day.

12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    If he plays it depends on what MR shows up. If he has a 124 rating like he had against last year Bengals we have a great chance, if he has a 36 rating and throws 4 picks like he did against the Browns we lose.

Even with Ben starting this game is another trap, with the exception of the Ravens game they have been in most of their games. Not saying they are good, but the 9 pt spread with the way the Steelers have been playing is very iffy IMO.

13. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    K, well, let's start by winning this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    His trademark in college was his deep pass mostly to James Washington. We haven't seen that in the NFL yet. I'm not sure if we ever will

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not many will be as open as Washington was in college. Mason hesitates when his receivers don't have much separation, causing late throws & checkdowns. Maybe he gets better at throwing in a smaller window but timing is the critical factor. Can he learn to trust his accuracy & ball speed? Idk. I don't think he replaces Ben when that time comes, looks a lot like LoLandry to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Looks worse than Landry lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He isn't bad with ball security. The checkdown ability in his game is a quality attribute, better than Landry's.

• Like Like x 1
  18. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    ??

19. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah, his checkdowns are legendary. Didn't he have a game last year where only 2 of his passes actually made it past the LOS? :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    They weren't ints, incompletes or sacks. That last one was a LoLandry specialty. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Forgot about this one. We're coming up to contract time with big time starting QB money at stake. So big decision coming up

22. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    You beat me to this..He hasnt been the same it seems with his reading of progressions.

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015