1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason Rudolph?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Mr.HammerZz, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/mason-rudolph?id=2559942
    What do think? I mean if he is there @28 would you take him? Given our circumstances I think yes, but I'm a bigger picture guy. Landry & Dobbs aren't the future and the crop of QB's over the next 3 years doesn't look too promising either (IMO) so...Thoughts?

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    A few other guys would have to be off the board.

But if available, he is in my top 5 options.

He may go earlier though especially if 4 QBs come off the board in the top 5.

Doubt Rudolph gets out of Round 1.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
  4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He will be off the board before we get a shot to draft him, I think the cards will move up from 15 a couple of spots and draft him IMO..........

5. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah i'll be curious to see how many QBs ultimately go in round 1.

I think 6 for sure - Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Baker, Rudolph and Jackson.

Is there a chance that some one like Mike White, Luke Falk or Kyle Lauletta sneaks into the end of Round 1?

6. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Cleveland and the NY Jets are locks to take a QB. NY Giants can't pass on RB Saquon Barkley but they might take a QB.

Buffalo is sure to take a QB and Arizona might jump them, so, that's 4 QB's gone in the 1st round, I think it will be Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield. Rudolph and Jackson go after that, maybe in the 2nd round.

Miami, I don't know, I kind of doubt they will use a high pick on a QB.

I think it's too early for us to draft a QB with a high pick.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    FYI, Tomlin, Colbert, and Fitchner all at Louisville Pro Day. Had dinner with Lamar Jackson and others last night.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Just doing due diligence, I hope.

I love Lamar Jackson. Just not in our system.

You don' give AB 17M per year to give him a future QB with spotty accuracy.

As a WEAPON, Lamar would be interesting right away, but sounds like he is fixed to be a QB, as he should be.

9. Mr.HammerZz

Mar 13, 2018
    There was 2 other players they find interesting as well. ;)

10. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    I don’t get why people aren’t higher on Rudolph. He looks the part and most important, He’s accurate. Doesn’t have a cannon for an arm, but is big and elusive in the pocket. More mobile than Ben. By all accounts, he seems to be a leader who excels at throwing short and intermediate passes, he completed a lot of accurate deep shots to jJames Washington.

Guaranteed the patriots are salivating at the chance to draft him.

If he was the highest draft prospect on their board when it’s our turn, we take him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    The more I read about Rudolph, the more I like him.

He seems to have that Peyton Manning dedication to the game. Puts in alot of time. Wants to be great.

He also plays the game with that Phillip Rivers/Tom Brady exuberance. Just an absolute passion for the game.

I saw a video of Nick Hardwick, the old Chargers C. He aid Rudolph really reminded him of Phillip Rivers. Was extremely high on Rudolph.

I think the Rivers comparison is a good one.

Legitimate option at #28.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mr.HammerZz

Mar 13, 2018
    Agreed! Just saw him on Path to the draft and he mentioned his meeting with Tomlin and how "cool" it would be to play here. He would be a upgrade to Landry thats for sure. :)

13. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will put it this way. if its an offensive player, he is top of list. I still want defense but I am happy we signed burnett.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would say,please no. I'm more of a all or nothing fan when it comes to sports. I want to put the best team around Ben for the next 3 years and I'm willing to see the bottom fall out for a couple years to find the next franchise QB and reload with high draft picks. I don't think Rudolph will ever be that. The conference he plays in allows for gaudy numbers,look at the track records. Landry put up sick numbers as well and he will never be confused with a franchise QB. Most of the O is in place we just need a few pieces on defense and I say we do all we can to fortify he D.....

15. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    He wont be an upgrade over LJ until he gets NFL experience, and we wont keep 4 QBs on the roster so Dobbs will be the odd man out because LJ will remain the backup......

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    hammer zz if you disagree at least explain why you disagree???

17. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think the question about Rudolph is more about where we are with Ben.

If we want a replacement and we think he is the guy....draft him.

If we want to win another Super Bowl with Ben....I think you draft some more D help. We still have no depth at S or at ILB. We also have questions at OLB when it comes to impact from the one side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mr.HammerZz

Mar 13, 2018
    Because Landry isn't a winner/competitor like Rudolph is plain and simple. I'm sure Landry is fine with only having a handful of starts in his career where'as Rudolph is looking to only have a handful of sits if any, ya get me? His numbers and tape are far better than Landry or Dobbs and I'm sure whoever gets him will be thrilled. Thats why I disagree.
    "Everyone around me doubted me when I said #7 will get us #5,#6, and #7, I was right about 2 so far..." hahaha

19. Mr.HammerZz

Mar 13, 2018
    We can find quality depth for those positions in 3-5 tbh. QB's go the quickest, especially when the crop is deep.

20. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Your so wrong, rudolph is going to have a whole lot of sits behind ben and landry before he ever starts a game, of course he wont be on the steelers doing the sitting, and your some kind of super bowl guru who can predict SB wins, thats really a funny statement......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Landry is a zero and Dobbs did finally show some progress near the end of the pre season but will still probably not amount to being a NFL starter.

Rudolph is way ahead of where Landry was coming out of college.

He wouldn't be my top option, but I would be more than happy if we took Rudolph at #28.

22. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Based on college stats career landry is way ahead of rudolph who had 92 TDs Landry had 123 TDs both played 4 years in the big 12, jones had the better production in my opinion......

23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not gonna say you're wrong because I'm too lazy to check but didn't Landry put up some pretty good numbers at Ok.? NFL scouting has Rudolph compared to Christian Ponder they aren't the be all end all.....but Yikes! With all the teams needing QBs if he falls to 28 I think it kinda says something and I know you can point out plenty of guys who defied the draft status and scouting. Idk man I still want to do everything we can with Ben ,he's a proven commodity. I don't think drafting Rudolph helps for at least 3 years. I think we need to do all we can to win now...

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks I just posted something regarding Landry...thanks for bringing the facts...

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So tell us then......does Rudolph get us 7-8-9 or 8-9-10 because if that's the case we should trade our entire draft for the number 1 pick.....:shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1