1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason on IR

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Dec 24, 2019.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Mason has been placed on IR ending his season including playoffs..

Cajun

2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs? Playoffs?

Fixed

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    oh boy....I was hoping he'd be an option in the playoffs.....if we got there that is

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    There must be something in the water. This team is made of glass this season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Fixed

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well crap, there goes our season. Rudolph was poised to get #7. Dammit.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    What a disastrous year for Rudolph. Concussion, hit over the head with his own helmet, called a racist, benched for poor play. Finally he gets the call against the Jets and looks like he is going to save the season only to get injured. Hopefully he can turn things around next season.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This for sure ,even if its not here ..Poor kid gets drafted then the Franchise QB basically says he's useless and worthless here then gets his chance and does "good enough" ..Then the whole bottom falls out..

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Paxton Lynch time assuming Devlin cannot rebound?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    playoffs.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    So, how short of a leash will Hodges have this week? Will they pull the plug and give Lynch a shot or will it all be on Duck?

12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    The only thing that got #7 was a jelly filled donut.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Probably depends on whether our defense lets the ratbird backups go the length of the field on the first drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would expect the same as the Jets game. Turnovers will dictate that. I haven't heard of Lynch getting starter reps but its still very early in the week. Lynch has just been running the scout team up until now. I'm sure the coaches are more confident in Duck knowing the offense than Lynch. But if Duck keeps throwing picks, then I don't think they will have a choice tbh.

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Dont think Lynch will start, but if he did, and results turn out that we somehow makes the playoffs... I wonder how many teams have done that with 4 different starting QBs?

16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    The ONLY reason to pull the goalie is if we're actually in a position to beat the ratbirds and all the other chips have fallen our way. We couldn't handle business when we were in a solid position to make the playoffs. We couldn't put together a gameplan and performance against a very beatable bills team to secure our place in the post season. What difference does it make if Duck throws 1 pick or 10 at this point?

Attached Files:

17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    BJ Finney did what Myles Garrett failed to do. Knock out Mason Rudolph for the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If the game is close like vs the Jets, and Duck starts throwing multiple picks, I bet they make the switch. The coaches aren't just going to throw up their hands. They will do what they can to win the game.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    How's that worked out for them?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Nothing to lose by putting paxton in as soon as hodges falls apart, the rats are only resting 5 starters so this game will be plenty tough enough to win, they are going to bring the house on hodges their DC wink martindale is already leading the league in blitzes so you know they are going to come after the quack, so have lynch ready to go......

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    What I notice the one way to beat the Ravens even if Lamar is playing. You have to run the ball, the game where the Browns beat them Chubb ran all over them. If you rule TOP you can keep Jackson on the sidelines.

It's got to be a Benny Snell football kind of day if the Steelers are to win.

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    about 50/50 honestly :lolol:. But hey, don't think I'm defending the coaching staff. I think some major changes need made and also some philosophical ones.

Shaun Sarrett was the logical choice at the time. But I hope his position is re-evaluated at the end of they year. Chance of a new coach imo is about 5% as I think they give him another year.

QB coaching is bothering me this year. Fichtner is the OC and QB coach in title and with Ben manning the position that may have been fine. But when Ben went down they left the QB coaching in the hands of asst. coach Matt Symmes. Who only has 2 years as an assistant in the nfl I believe. He was a grad assistant in several college programs. When Ben got injured, they should have brought in a more experienced coach to ease the burden off Fichtner and show some investment in the most important position on the field. Is that the norm? No, but you have to adapt when change takes place. Plus your two back ups had 0 experience.

Sherman was logical also due to the tragedy with Drake. But again, I hope they find another coach this offseason.

My thoughts on RF are not positive. How much was Ben last year (his 1st as OC for RF) and how much of the disaster this year is on RF (with 2 unknown QBs). That is the question, but the mysterious play calling points to RF not being able to form an effective game plan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Having never played QB or OL when you see the QBs foot getting stepped on by a guard or center who's fault is that usually? Is it the QB for not getting away fast enough or setting up properly or is it the lineman for making a misstep?

I thought about this because I wonder if one the reasons the Steelers go out of shotgun so often is because in practice they've had this happen more than it should. Probably not really a consideration, especially since this happened with Finney not Pouncey, but just wondering.

• Like Like x 1
  24. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Good point about the possible qb coaching change after Ben went down. Maybe it would have made no difference, but maybe, just maybe, a legit qb guru could have helped Mason navigate his jump into the deep end of the pool. Why wouldn't you make every effort to stabilize the younster? If you're Tomlin, you do nothing and just expect him to perform up to "the standard."

25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I fully anticipate seeing Lynch in the game Sunday.