1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason era should be over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

If he is standing around in the pocket as you suggest, then there are two issues at present. The first is he is not progressing through his reads quick enough. The second is that his Receivers are not getting open quick enough.

For today's game, I would suggest the latter is true.

2. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Mason is capable of being the steelers QB for along time .How can anyone say he sucks ? His record is 4 and 2 as starter 10 TD vs 4 INT. Completed 109 out of 165 passes for 1088 yds with rating of 94.7. His oline is not playing like they should be very little help in running game and doesnt have a number 1 receiving target

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Pretty good game indeed. As I have stated multiple times. Mason is not the issue here.

Randy oh most DEFINITELY is. His transcript before today's game against Los Angeles is further indication of the lack of trust. For Pittsburgh to continue to stack wins, nevermind getting out of his own way...

Randy NEEDS to trust Mason Rudolph.

4. SouthTulsaPoke

SouthTulsaPoke Member

May 1, 2018
    Fire Fichtner and go get the Ohio State passing game coordinator and QB coach. He’ll build an offense that Rudolph would thrive in. Was also Mason’s OC.

5. LS1Z28

LS1Z28 New Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Tom Brady's stat line in his 2nd season: 264 of 413 (63.9%) for 2843 yards, 18 TD, & 12 Int.
    Mason Rudolph's stat line after the first 7 games of his 2nd season: 131 of 203 (64.5%) for 1330 yards, 11 TD, & 4 Int.

It's way to early to cast judgement on Mason Rudolph. He's on track to have a better start to his career than Tom Brady.

6. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben played 6 quarters this season and has one TD scoring drive to show for it. If memory serves me correctly that TD was off a turnover and they were already in the red zone. Point is cut the kid some slack. Our HOF QB wasn't exactly lighting it up either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Bobby.

I am with you. I like what Mason has done so far. I posted his stats last week and they are encouraging from my vantage point. I also created a thread about the lack of a "Running Game" which if we ever established one would go a long way with what we have as a team overall right now.

Not having a true #1 WR does hurt but it is more of that unit's blunders that are concerning. If they all would just do their jobs as outlined a true #1 WR is not as important as having them play mistake-free football. STEELWINDS

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    While I do agree Mason is struggling mightily as a starter right now , in his defense he made a couple passes that should have translated to points on the board.

McDonald’s drop would have put us in field goal territory- 3 points

The fumble by Washington should have yielded 3 points if not 7.

while you cannot expect perfection out if your QB , the same goes for the receivers but for sure I think Mason deserved more points then the 7 his unit was basically responsible for .

9. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Although, the reason for it is on Switzer, TWICE. It's unforgivable, that an NFL caliber QB, doesn't know to get rid of the ball immediately when dropping back in his OWN end zone. The lack of that awareness is mind boggling. I hate to say it, but I dare say it, I bet the Duck would know to get it outta there. Now, to be honest, the receivers drop fest has been ours & the young QB's biggest problem but Mason's lackadaisical hanging onto the ball until they're on him is troubling. Still, lady luck is with him and with us and that's almost as important as being aware (LOL).
    :popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Rudolph is definitely not at the top of the list of problems with the offense today. Everyone on offense needs to step it up.

11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Rewatched and mason played well. He said on the safety that he was afraid to raise his arm to throw because he rather give up 2 than 7 lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    yea and i guess if mason would have gotten rid of the ball jmmediately and threw one up for grabs and got picked off for 7 you would be saying he should have never threw it and its unforgivable for a NFL QB

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben probably wasn't healthy to start the season, he might have been trying to play through the pain.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Can someone explain to me how Mason Rudolph can have great numbers when his receivers dropped 7 passes today, Steelers have no legit #1 running back. No legit #1 receiver and no tight ends with half the offensive line being injuried?

Explain that please. I'll wait.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    My biggest problem with Mason is almost every play is slow developing, he needs better pocket awareness, you can't stand in the endzone and hold the ball that long. If you want to throw from the endzone, you need quick plays like a slant.

16. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    You do know there's another option right?

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That could be the case, but it's speculation. He threw the ball almost 50 times in the Pats game. That's not playing thru the pain, that's gun slingin'.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He has hit the wall. And can't cover receivers. If he doesn't
    acquire the receiver point we could be in big trouble.

19. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I thought Mason Rudolph looked pretty good, receivers dropping passes and then the fumbles, WTH???? The only issue with Rudolph is the OC, he can't design a run game to save his life, he needs to be sent to a high school team for a dozen years of so to learn.

20. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How about if Conner and JuJu don’t fumble late in games we’re 7-2. Your argument is beyond weak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That was a jailbreak by the Rams D off play action. By the time he got set in the pocket, he was swarmed and never had the chance to throw it away or do anything other than take the sack. If anything he should have checked out of the PA, but there wasn't anything after the snap that he could have done to prevent the safety.

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe if he could keep his eyes on the defense before the snap it would help. He has to watch for the snap being high, on the ground, to the left, to the right. Let's add the drops by the receivers, two of which caused interceptions, not masons throws. How can the line not account for arron Donald running free at our qb? The drops, fumbles, bad blocking, bad snaps are not on Randy or mason. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I am not a big mason fan but there were alot of drops and costly fumbles by the receivers or this game would not have been close... That is a good defense we just beat.......

25. VTSteelerfan

VTSteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Let's see 4 drop passes that should have been caught and fumbles everywhere and four straight horrible running plays at the end of the game that gave the Rams another chance to win surely wasn't on Mason so there is a lot of blame to go around but at least it was a win..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.