1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason era should be over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    vannett macdonald is a win win (if they stay healthy)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    nah man Mason is a HOF qb because 40 years ago Bradshaw had a bad start to his career so that means mason will have the exact same career path. Oh and randy is telling mason in the helmet not to get rid of the ball fast and for good measure make sure you don’t see the wide open WRs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yeah, but they did have a long of 8! Lol. Mason is getting very little help. That he hasn't been tragically bad is encouraging to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I was checking the D from I believe 2006 to 2014. I did not check the scoring D, but the passing D consistently ranked 21st or lower every year (bend but not break?). Surprised me because that was the Troy era.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    The OL is ok, but it’s tough to really judge MR when the team has absolutely no running game and the receiving corps is poor. Part of me wants to give Duck a chance, but part of me looks at this offense and wonders if he can really do better. There isn’t a single big playmaker on that O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Teams throw more on you when trying to catch up. Passing d stat is a skewed stat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I didn’t like the plan of moving Feiler to LG and inserting Chuk at RT, so maybe that had something to do with the run difficulties. Pass pro was decent. I feel like we over thought trying to account for Donald. Continuity on the line is more important IMO. There were at least 4 drops by the receivers too. Mason did pretty well today,

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Did not really think on that line. the only reason I was looking it up was some comments about how bad a CB Ike was. I remember him having rotten hands, but a decent CB...IDK memory fades with time.

9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I always liked Ike, late rounder who beat the odds.

10. SouthTulsaPoke

SouthTulsaPoke Member

May 1, 2018
    Mason played Mahomes twice in college and beat the bum both times. Some of you people are dumb as stumps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I was reading his history, Cowher actually put him as the kick returner his 2nd year. I did not bother to look up the stats (if there are any). just laughed..no hands Ike and Dwight 'hands of Stone' as Steeler returners in the day. Seems like the search continues for a returner.

• Like Like x 1
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The WR core could do him a favor and not drop and fumble balls.
    He also has zero run game to lean on.

Mason is not winning us a lot of games, but he also isn’t costing us games.

There will be a point where he will have to put the team on his back and go win a game, I’ll serve my judgement how he handles that situation.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I was expecting to see Mason stumble against this defense and throw a couple of picks to prove all his doubters right.
    Ben would have been good for 2 Ints against this defense in a Win, and 3 in a loss.

I guess All the studying is paying off... He is not throwing the bad passes you would expect from a guy with only a handful of starts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    I think Rudolph has been fine given the overall situation he finds himself in but I would trade him in a heartbeat for Mahomes. Even that doesn't really express how fast I would make that trade and how good I would feel about it. And I probably like Rudolph more than a lot of people on here.

15. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Case Keenum and and Laundry Jones have more career passing yards than both...seems like what happens in college often stays in college.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    I agree. Given how loose with the ball the rest of the offense is, Rudolph deserves praise for at least not costing us games. In his interview after the game he even said that on the safety he felt the pressure and was afraid to even cock the ball back to throw it as he didn't want to give them 7. Maybe he hasn't been great at making he optimal play but at least as a young QB he has been avoiding the worst outcomes.

17. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    People need to be patient. It's not like it's his third year as a starter. I get the feeling it's almost as if people are willing him to fail. Is he a future star at QB for the Steelers? Don't know, but he's no closer to being a complete wasted draft pick than an All-Pro based on his body of work to date.

18. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    We are blessed to have Mason. Thank you Kevin!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    :this!:

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    …...…….and yet, Mahomes was league MVP last year and Rudolph is lucky to not overthrow his receiver, Stumpy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    To be fair, pretty sure Ike played some RB in college... And he had very good speed.

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Mason is not a wuss that’s for sure. Dudes bull rushing him and he makes the throw

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. SouthTulsaPoke

SouthTulsaPoke Member

May 1, 2018
    Given the short leash many are giving a guy who has been at the helm of four straight wins, it comes down to where Mason and Mahomes are playing and who heir playing for. Very different schemes.

Here’s a little video I put together years ago. Mason’s first collegiate pass was, ironically, to Tyree Hill.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What the heck are some of you watching. Kid had a pretty good game against a solid Ram defense and a secondary led by Jalen Ramsey.

He's in his second season and not even supposed to be playing this year. He has some things to iron out but writing him off after 6 games is about as silly as it gets. QB gurus you ain't.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.